GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS battery takes twice as long to charge as PSP one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/01/05 at 15:26
Regular
"object"
this is just my theory but i dont think the psp is that much different to the DS in terms of how much battery power it uses, cause the psp takes just over 2 hours to charge and the ds takes about 4 hours i know it depends on how fast the charger is but thats a lot of difference so maybe if they released a higher capacity battery the psp would last as long as the nentendo DS. the PSP battery is only 1800 mah and i have AA batterys that have 2100 mah. No smart remarks please.
Sat 22/01/05 at 12:44
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The battery lasts half as long because the games are twice as good.
>
> True story.
>
> In a warped parallel world where Sony actually made decent games and
> Nintendo weren't heralded as genius in game form. ;)

You just stole that from me :)

6 hour battery life on a re-chargable battery soon becomes 4, then 3... then needs replacing.

It's terrible. Totally terrible. And 6 hours is maximum playtime. Watch a movie or listen to music whilst playing the game and you're look at 2-3 hours.

Utterly terrible. Could well defeat the machine.
Thu 13/01/05 at 00:17
"High polygon count"
Cycloon wrote:
> In a warped parallel world where Sony actually made decent games and
> Nintendo weren't heralded as genius in game form. ;)

Depends on your point of view, I guess. For me, this is that parallel world you describe.
Wed 12/01/05 at 21:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The battery lasts half as long because the games are twice as good.
>
> True story.

In a warped parallel world where Sony actually made decent games and Nintendo weren't heralded as genius in game form. ;)
Wed 12/01/05 at 16:35
Regular
"lets go back"
I charge my mobile phone and MP3 player every night, so the way I see it i can just charge a PSP every night too. If i get one.
Wed 12/01/05 at 15:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But if you want to listen to music then buy a HD3, not a PSP.
Also 4-6 hours isn't that good, trust me. Wanting to play a game and not being able to, just because you didn't put it on charge overnight is extremely annoying. You think that you'll charge it every night, but, you wont, because you wont play it for a while, you'll pick it up thinking you can play, and then find out that there's only 20 minutes of juice in the thing. And if you say "I'll just play it while it's charging", then what's the point of buying it? Why not just play the games on the PS2? Magazine's and such can't give you a real picture of battery usage, because they charge their consoles every night and play them every day, if you have a handheld you just don't do that in real life.
Tue 11/01/05 at 22:39
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I've played the PSP, and half-brightness is fine.

From this you can play a game for about 4-6 hours per charge. Who, honestly is going to play a Handheld for THAT long?

The PSP is fine. It's slick, the features are amazing. It's worth the money, easily. People just go on the offensive straight away.

The sad thing is, that the 20-odd US launch games are games from IP's already heard of. Tiger Woods, NFS, Fifa, Dynasty Warriors (?). There's about 1 new/original game.

Sad, really.

From that respect, I'd rather fill it with MP3's and take the music route.
Mon 10/01/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Bicycle"
Almost as true as the MoD paper on Iraqs Weapons.
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:14
"High polygon count"
The battery lasts half as long because the games are twice as good.

True story.
Mon 10/01/05 at 11:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
ßulle†† wrote:
> What will that give? An extra 30 minutes playtime? :P

Welcome to GT PSP, please press start.

Thankyou, please change battery.

*change battery*

Please select level.

Battery low, please replace.

*change battery*

3, 2, 1...

Battery level critical, please change battery.

*change battery*

Go! (Feeder starts playing)

He's got a brand new...

New battery please.

*change battery*

...car, look's like a...

Low Battery, system shutdown.
Wed 05/01/05 at 08:19
Regular
For the PSP? I'm not surprised.

What will that give? An extra 30 minutes playtime? :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.