GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pokémon"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/04/00 at 12:55
Regular
I am tired of people and newspapers all around the world referring to Pokémon as a childs craze. There are millions of teenagers and even adults who think Pokémon is an entertaining/ interesting concept, and even more have bought the game. Who do you think created Pokémon? ADULTS. Their hardly going to create something they despise are they? I could make a bet that before Pokémon became mega popular (before all the children heard about it) that many teenagers and adults liked Pokémon. Most people don't want to give Pokémon a try because so many children like it, it makes it seem like it's for children only. And the fact that newspapers CONSTANTLY refer to it as 'childish' makes it even less appealing to older people who want to give it a go. So Pokémon IS NOT for children only, it is for a wide range of people (even my Grandpa thinks Jigglypuff and Squirtle are funny). Thankyou for listening and if your old and like Pokémon then get your view known! PS. Meowth meowth!
Mon 01/05/00 at 13:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
it's only refered to as a childs thing because the main character is ten years old (targeted audience) and because this is the target age and because all the media is saying it is a childs thing, adults and teenages don't feel right talking about it!!
but, I saw smtv last saturday and all these old men were gathering up at this tent in japan so that they could pay well over Ł50 for mew!!? I don't get that, but I share your view, I love the game pokemon, it's excellent on the 64, because it is the best fighting game EVER created for the Nintendo64!! infact the best game ever created for nintendo!!
Also you don't have to like something if it makes you alot of money!!
thats really all that matters these days, money, money, money.
Sat 29/04/00 at 12:55
I am tired of people and newspapers all around the world referring to Pokémon as a childs craze. There are millions of teenagers and even adults who think Pokémon is an entertaining/ interesting concept, and even more have bought the game. Who do you think created Pokémon? ADULTS. Their hardly going to create something they despise are they? I could make a bet that before Pokémon became mega popular (before all the children heard about it) that many teenagers and adults liked Pokémon. Most people don't want to give Pokémon a try because so many children like it, it makes it seem like it's for children only. And the fact that newspapers CONSTANTLY refer to it as 'childish' makes it even less appealing to older people who want to give it a go. So Pokémon IS NOT for children only, it is for a wide range of people (even my Grandpa thinks Jigglypuff and Squirtle are funny). Thankyou for listening and if your old and like Pokémon then get your view known! PS. Meowth meowth!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.