GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/10/04 at 18:33
"Dark FX"
Hey, can anybody give me a basic outline to what CSS and PHP are? Right now, I'm designing an HTML e-commerce site. Is there a way to import it to CSS or whatever?

Thanks
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:33
"Dark FX"
Hey, can anybody give me a basic outline to what CSS and PHP are? Right now, I'm designing an HTML e-commerce site. Is there a way to import it to CSS or whatever?

Thanks
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
"bing bang bong"
css is a way of specifying styles for your html objects. For instance, if you look at the left bar of this page, to all the Special Reserve links, they are all in the same text style. There are two ways of doing this: either you set each one to be , or you define a style and just use that. It makes creating and managing (particularly large) websites a lot easier.

php is a way of dynamically generating webpages rather than just reading them in from a static file. For instance, look at this page, which contains the original post that you typed into text boxes in a webpage at your end, and our replies which we typed into webpages at our end. This is not possible to do with html - what happens is that all of our posts are stored in a database, and when someone comes along and clicks on a thread, the page is dynamically generated using information from that database. The interfacing with the database is done with php. This is a subset of it's abilities.

If you don't know what css and php are, I don't honestly think you have the knowledge and skillset (yet) to make a website that's going to earn you any money.
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:59
"Dark FX"
Miserableman wrote:
> If you don't know what css and php are, I don't honestly think you
> have the knowledge and skillset (yet) to make a website that's going
> to earn you any money.

Thanks. I'm not doing it for the money, I'm just 'training myself'. I made an e-commerce site using Microsoft Publisher and let's just say i learn from my mistakes ...and by asking questions
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:04
Regular
"bing bang bong"
This.Celluloid.Dream wrote:
> Thanks. I'm not doing it for the money, I'm just 'training myself'. I
> made an e-commerce site using Microsoft Publisher and let's just say
> i learn from my mistakes ...and by asking questions

Fair enough. My favourite resource for learning about stuff like css and php has always been Webmonkey, which is back after a brief period of dormancy :>

[URL]http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/[/URL]
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:08
"Dark FX"
Cool. Thanks man

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.