GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Webdesign"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/10/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ok I want to get into web designing properly, what stuff should I learn, I know basic HTML and a bit of CSS but what else should I know?
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:17
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Ok I want to get into web designing properly, what stuff should I learn, I know basic HTML and a bit of CSS but what else should I know?
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:28
Regular
Tyla's going to have a field day on this one.

Aesthetics and Design
CSS
xHTML (1.0 Transistional or Strict)

That's it really, CSS is the most viable source for styling your site.

Site functionality
PHP + MySQL (You'll need to learn this, it's an amazing resource)
Possibly JavaScript, but I try to refrain from using it
Thu 28/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'd go for ASP and Coldfusion rather than PHP, if I were you.
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:06
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Learn xhtml and css properly. Validate all the pages you create:

[URL]http://validator.w3.org/[/URL]
Thu 28/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
That validation things good, thanks
Looks like I have some reading to do then
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> I'd go for ASP and Coldfusion rather than PHP, if I were you.

Why?
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Freeola Support"
because he knows how to code asp?
Personnaly I'm sticking with php.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:35
Regular
Yeah same here.

When I did 6-7 weeks of work experience earlier this year with a company who developed bespoke software modules for a CRM package, I had to use ASP.net and C# for the piece of work that they gave me to develop.

Never again will I touch ASP/ASP.net/C#, never again.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I'm a proffessionnal webdesigner and I earn about £75,000 a year. There isn't that much to learn really, just learn the basics of HTML and get your hands on a copy or Frontpage and withing a few years you'll be earning alot more than most people.

I've just finished a massive project with Sony UK on the new PSP mini-site which earned me nearly £25,000. Expect to see it live within a couple of weeks.
Thu 28/10/04 at 22:29
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
h11pipi wrote:
> I'm a proffessionnal webdesigner and I earn about £75,000 a
> year.

I wish!;) Never want to earn more than 50k as the tax is 50% after that!:( Anyway. My basic is £25k + Freelancing which makes me anywhere between £2000/year to £10,000/year on top

> I've just finished a massive project with Sony UK on the new PSP
> mini-site which earned me nearly £25,000. Expect to see it live
> within a couple of weeks.

I dream of bluechips like that. Current project: A site for a Chemical form that makes smells!????

VenomByte wrote:
> I'd go for ASP and Coldfusion rather than PHP, if I were you.

CFML? Looked at it, nice idea using a syntax similar to HTML, but not widley supported or used due to the JREE2 licence needed to run it on the server!

ASP sucks, spent the last 12 weeks working in it, it's a mess and the logic behind it was designed by a dead monkey.

PHP Rocks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.