GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got to love Wenger really"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Reading a interview he 'supposedly' did (i'll put that so if it didn't happen, even though it sounds so blatantly Wengerish, my ass is covered :-D)

Anyway 'apparently' Wenger, still bitter about losing his treasured streak obviously, has accused Man United of shaming English football due to the game on Sunday. Apparently Rooney's theatrical dive and our tough tackling throughout the game has brought shame, shame and more shame upon the English game.

However when asked about the incident after the game in the tunnel Wenger, in classic style, says *people are not interested in what happens in the dressing room, only what goes on out on the pitch*

You really do have to love him really don't you.

Anyway time to tear him and his stupid statement (which he 'supposedly made :-D) to pieces.

So we've 'shamed' football for a few rough tackles and a bit of diving eh? Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't this the same Arsenal of which a certain stupid bearded frenchman went down under a bit of heavy breathing at Portsmouth? At least Rooney had a bit of contact before hitting the deck.

Rough tackles? Moaning about Reyes getting chopped to bits? Ermmm sorry but doesn't this happen to Ronaldo every blinkin' week? It's football, a contact sport the last time i checked, don't want to get hurt? Go play Netball. Ruud's tackle was over-zealous but i've seen tackles just as bad in other games and he's apologised, god knows why seeing as he never got one from the abuse he took last year.

And speaking of which, if you want to talk about shaming football we need go no further then last year when the Arsenal thugs decided to have a bit of a brawl in the game. Now i think that was a bit more shameful then a few heated challenges you expect to get in these sort of games.

So stop your (alleged :-D) whining Wenger and how about accepting defeat with what little dignity you have left and stop whining and complaining, even if it is what the French do best :-D
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
l33t wrote:
"Actually if you look at the replays you will find that there was ZERO contact on Rooney."
-----

Look again, my friend!

For, you'll see there is the bare MINIMAL of contact from the leg of Sol Campbell - whether it was actually enough to bring a player down or not.

Anyway, it's over and done with now...

We won. YOU LOST!

And, just to make matters worse ~sorry, BETTER~ you haven't won a single league of European game since!! :D :P ;D
Mon 08/11/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Viera didn't do too badly with his dive against Panathanikos did he Scope? ;)
Mon 08/11/04 at 20:00
Regular
I see Giggs tried to do a Rooney yesterday.. too bad he didn't take any pointers from him :p
Mon 08/11/04 at 19:38
Regular
""
lalakersrule wrote:
> So we've 'shamed' football for a few rough tackles and a bit of
> diving eh? Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't
> this the same Arsenal of which a certain stupid bearded frenchman
> went down under a bit of heavy breathing at Portsmouth? At least
> Rooney had a bit of contact before hitting the deck.

Actually if you look at the replays you will find that there was ZERO contact on Rooney.
Mon 08/11/04 at 17:20
Regular
hah

Wenger has been charged for his Ruud comments.
Thu 28/10/04 at 00:23
Regular
"Colourless"
Solskjær wrote:
> If nothing more or less, they now have an astonishing unbeaten record
> that will most certainly not be bettered by a team of any others for
> the next 30 years at least. :I

I dunno, y'know... Spurs are unbeaten in one....
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
...Really?

Nah. Sorry! Manchester United will lay in financially-crippled in ruin at the bottom of the Scottish Third Division before I even consider showing even the slightest feeling of emotion for admiral Wenker! :P

---

Most of what I've wanted to say has already been said - by just about everyone (bar the Arsénal fans) who took even the slightest notice of the Frenchman's comments. Except how, I feel, the FA's descision to punish Ruud van Nistelrooy comes only from the backlash Gooner fans, Wenger and Thierry Henry alike have given the world in the short space of 3 days ontop of the world (for us!).

We can all admit a handful of descisions went in our favour, slightly, on Sunday afternoon. Gary Neville's 'delayed' yellow card. The 'minimal' contact in the challenge on Wayne Rooney. Rio Ferdinand's 'lucky escape'. Yet, the referee was in no way 'biased' towards the home side.

Yes, descisions went our way. Though, if the game were at Highbury, we would only see a similar thing, but in Arsénal's favour. Under the increasing pressure officials today must endure, it is becoming increasingly hard for them to risk upsetting the home team and its many, many fans - whatever the 'rule book' says he should do.

It's certainly not like Arsénal haven't had more than their 'fair share' of good fortune - and the same applies to any `Top 5´ European side. Ashley Cole could've gone for that goal-line lunge - had the linesman been paying proper attention! Even ignoring the acrobatics of Robert Pires - Arsénal's magnificent run would've fallen short long before the big `49´, had it not been for a spot of good luck, here and there.

But hey, that's football!

---

And, like Bobby Robson said after an encounter with the side 3 years ago, Arsénal still haven't learnt how to lose modestly - as any great side should.

Nothing good ever quite lasts forever - you were gonna have to lose at some point, anyway. Referees or not, we were the better team, on the day! :P

If nothing more or less, they now have an astonishing unbeaten record that will most certainly not be bettered by a team of any others for the next 30 years at least. :I
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Quinty wrote:
> He conducted himself immaculately throughout the interview, so hell
> knows where you read this one.

Was on the msn link this morning, go complain to them.

> A brawl? You call that a brawl? LOL

see the word 'bit'? Good good
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
lalakersrule wrote:
> However when asked about the incident after the game in the tunnel
> Wenger, in classic style, says *people are not interested in what
> happens in the dressing room, only what goes on out on the pitch*

In the interview i heard on 909 (so yes it actually happened), he said quite blatently that nothing happened down the tunnel, didnt try to dodge the question and gave a straight answer - fair play to him.

He conducted himself immaculately throughout the interview, so hell knows where you read this one.

> And speaking of which, if you want to talk about shaming football we
> need go no further then last year when the Arsenal thugs decided to
> have a bit of a brawl in the game.

A brawl? You call that a brawl? LOL
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Reading a interview he 'supposedly' did (i'll put that so if it didn't happen, even though it sounds so blatantly Wengerish, my ass is covered :-D)

Anyway 'apparently' Wenger, still bitter about losing his treasured streak obviously, has accused Man United of shaming English football due to the game on Sunday. Apparently Rooney's theatrical dive and our tough tackling throughout the game has brought shame, shame and more shame upon the English game.

However when asked about the incident after the game in the tunnel Wenger, in classic style, says *people are not interested in what happens in the dressing room, only what goes on out on the pitch*

You really do have to love him really don't you.

Anyway time to tear him and his stupid statement (which he 'supposedly made :-D) to pieces.

So we've 'shamed' football for a few rough tackles and a bit of diving eh? Well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Isn't this the same Arsenal of which a certain stupid bearded frenchman went down under a bit of heavy breathing at Portsmouth? At least Rooney had a bit of contact before hitting the deck.

Rough tackles? Moaning about Reyes getting chopped to bits? Ermmm sorry but doesn't this happen to Ronaldo every blinkin' week? It's football, a contact sport the last time i checked, don't want to get hurt? Go play Netball. Ruud's tackle was over-zealous but i've seen tackles just as bad in other games and he's apologised, god knows why seeing as he never got one from the abuse he took last year.

And speaking of which, if you want to talk about shaming football we need go no further then last year when the Arsenal thugs decided to have a bit of a brawl in the game. Now i think that was a bit more shameful then a few heated challenges you expect to get in these sort of games.

So stop your (alleged :-D) whining Wenger and how about accepting defeat with what little dignity you have left and stop whining and complaining, even if it is what the French do best :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.