GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The cost of gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/04/00 at 19:12
Regular
I dont know if anyone has noticed but things are getting better for us gamers. It wasnt that long ago that gmaes were costing around £50 odd quid a go. and now? Just the other day i noticed a brand new release for the playstation in the shops and do you know how much it was? £10. I dont know if it was any good, but £10 for a new release??? Even though the N64 games are still entering the market at 50-60 quid go have you seen what happens to the price after a month? I got a copy of Command and Conquer for the N64 brand new, still in the plastic for a fiver. I almost bought this game when it was brand new but am happy that i waited.
What about the new dreamcast console? You can now buy it and get three games and possibly and extra addon for £200 and this console is fairly new. Its not even double the price of playstation with that many games. Whats going on? Playstation 2? Or is it that companies are reacting to software piracy? New playstation games can be bought for £28 which still wont stop some of us picking up a couple of copied games of about a tenner but its gonna work isnt it? I got a copy of Smack Down from america for £25 and had the oppertunity to get a copied version of it for around a tenner but i was willing to pay that extra money to make sure i wasnt getting ripped off. Now if it had been £30, i probably wouldnt have bought the original copy. but because the cost of these new games is getting less im happy to buy them. and by the looks of things the prices of games are going to get lower. im pretty sure we are going to be paying £20 or less for the new titles coming into the market fairly soon. Lets just hope things get better for us with the next gen consoles
Sun 30/04/00 at 19:12
I dont know if anyone has noticed but things are getting better for us gamers. It wasnt that long ago that gmaes were costing around £50 odd quid a go. and now? Just the other day i noticed a brand new release for the playstation in the shops and do you know how much it was? £10. I dont know if it was any good, but £10 for a new release??? Even though the N64 games are still entering the market at 50-60 quid go have you seen what happens to the price after a month? I got a copy of Command and Conquer for the N64 brand new, still in the plastic for a fiver. I almost bought this game when it was brand new but am happy that i waited.
What about the new dreamcast console? You can now buy it and get three games and possibly and extra addon for £200 and this console is fairly new. Its not even double the price of playstation with that many games. Whats going on? Playstation 2? Or is it that companies are reacting to software piracy? New playstation games can be bought for £28 which still wont stop some of us picking up a couple of copied games of about a tenner but its gonna work isnt it? I got a copy of Smack Down from america for £25 and had the oppertunity to get a copied version of it for around a tenner but i was willing to pay that extra money to make sure i wasnt getting ripped off. Now if it had been £30, i probably wouldnt have bought the original copy. but because the cost of these new games is getting less im happy to buy them. and by the looks of things the prices of games are going to get lower. im pretty sure we are going to be paying £20 or less for the new titles coming into the market fairly soon. Lets just hope things get better for us with the next gen consoles
Sun 30/04/00 at 20:03
I fully agree, but the reason N64 games are so expensive is because carts are way more expensive to produce than CD's. That's why (hopefully) when the dolphin comes out (which is on DVD's), games should be much cheaper.WOOHOO!!! Although the only thing that does annoy me about the N64 is that it has hardly any 3rd party developers. Again because carts are too expensive for the companies to risk producing on, so this too should be fixed by the time dolphin comes out. And one more thing (going slightly off the point), Nintendo ought to seriously think about how they bring the dolphin out. Most people will already buy a Playstation 2 because it was overall more popular than N64, but if the dolphin DOESN'T come with a movie-playing DVD drive, then I can bet that it will surely lose to Playstation2!!! PS: Personnaly, I prefer the Dolphin- only if it comes with DVD!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.