GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Really Sucks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Just watched Watchdog and then came online to check it - but it's true - people are selling positive feedback on eBay.

The only thing that has ever made eBay relatively safe has been destroyed, and now I'm not really very confident of buying anything from anyone.

This really sucks.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:40
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Joe Dark wrote:
> When you want to buy something go into the sellers feedback and check
> what items they have previously being buying/selling, if they've been
> buying positive feedback don't buy from them.

'Tis a good point, but what about when the item's have become invalid, you know - when you can't click on the item number anymore?

Especially if they only bought feedback at the start to gain a quick reputation.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:18
Tomoose wrote:
> I tend to get some mates to bid up the price of some items I really
> want to sell for more. If they happen to win it, then we give each
> other positive feedback, all for the price of a 25p listing. shhh
> dont tell eBay... :P

Add that to the final value fee the seller has to pay of course.
Tue 26/10/04 at 23:12
Regular
"cachoo"
All you need are a few kisses and you've got bids.. [URL]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=324&item=5529878547&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW[/URL]
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:43
Regular
I thought of this ages and ages ago.
Tue 26/10/04 at 21:40
Regular
"the burning sky"
I tend to get some mates to bid up the price of some items I really want to sell for more. If they happen to win it, then we give each other positive feedback, all for the price of a 25p listing. shhh dont tell eBay... :P
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:58
Regular
"SOUP!"
I sell feedback all the time.

I tend to give them free dvd's, games and cd's with it though.
Tue 26/10/04 at 20:25
Regular
When you want to buy something go into the sellers feedback and check what items they have previously being buying/selling, if they've been buying positive feedback don't buy from them.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Just watched Watchdog and then came online to check it - but it's true - people are selling positive feedback on eBay.

The only thing that has ever made eBay relatively safe has been destroyed, and now I'm not really very confident of buying anything from anyone.

This really sucks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.