GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"doom 3. using a controller"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"no nonsense"
how do i use my xbox controller with this game. i recently bought a usb super joy box adaptor for windows... anyway i have installed it and i just wanted to know how i would set it up so i can use it with games. eg Doom 3, i have no idead how to set it all up
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:09
Regular
"no nonsense"
how do i use my xbox controller with this game. i recently bought a usb super joy box adaptor for windows... anyway i have installed it and i just wanted to know how i would set it up so i can use it with games. eg Doom 3, i have no idead how to set it all up
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:31
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
W . T . F would you want to use a controller in an FPS for?
Sun 02/01/05 at 18:32
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*Turns in his metaphorical grave*
Sun 02/01/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Captain to you."
Sorry can't help with your problem, but it's a problem of your own making. why use a controller? the keyboard and mouse are the best control type you can get for fps. I can understand why you would want a controller for other games like prince of persia or demon stone. Games that are aimed more at console than pc's.
Sun 02/01/05 at 23:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I assume you just press the buttons you want when at the control setup screen.

But yes, Keyboard + Mouse = Perfect.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:04
Regular
"no nonsense"
yeah... i have been using the keyboard and mouse and it is alot easier and faster but i was JUST wondering as i have just bought the game and the controller, nice to experiment! jeeez lol

So a game like prince of persia, i would probably get asked if i wanted to use a controller then?
Mon 03/01/05 at 14:41
Regular
"hulagadoo"
sanders wrote:
> yeah... i have been using the keyboard and mouse and it is alot easier
> and faster but i was JUST wondering as i have just bought the game
> and the controller, nice to experiment! jeeez lol
>
> So a game like prince of persia, i would probably get asked if i
> wanted to use a controller then?

I tried a contoller with splinter cell but didnt work, never gave me the option to choose which was a rite pain in the rear.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:04
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> *Turns in his metaphorical grave*

Only metaphorical, eh? I'll help you there...
Mon 03/01/05 at 23:34
Regular
"no nonsense"
gr13ve wrote:

> I tried a contoller with splinter cell but didnt work, never gave me
> the option to choose which was a rite pain in the rear.

damn... that sucks
Mon 03/01/05 at 23:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
There is never an "option".
All you do is go into button configuration, click on the action you want to change, then press the button you want to change it to, except instead of pressing a keyboard button as usual, you press a button on the controller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.