GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"little Javascript help?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Havn't looked at much javascript lately, been nearly a year since I've last used it but I think I may need it for a small thing I want to do.

I have a smallish table with a few columns, the last being costs, would like to write a little script to add up the costs, work out the total and the average cost.

Just a bit confused as to how I get the value in each of the end columns to add up?

Anyone give me some pointers?
Cheers
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Well I kinda worked out the wa to do it, looking through the DOM for the HTML and javascript but its rather messy, not liking this much at all.

Think I'll just leave it and concentrate on something better.
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You'd have to do it on the fly, wouldn't you: use document.write(), or similar method. Unless it's input boxes, then simply use 'myvariable = myvariable + document.myform.mytextbox_a.value' etc.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
cjh wrote:
> I would place each value in an array and have JavaScript simply print
> out each value in the required column using a loop, then add up the
> total at the end and print that out as well.

The table is already created, don't really fancy changing it as I'd need to use the script again on a much larger table which is already created...

I've a rough idea how to go about it but have no idea how to access the numerical data in the last column of each row.. this seems to be the bit thats causing me the most problems at the moment..
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:57
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I would place each value in an array and have JavaScript simply print out each value in the required column using a loop, then add up the total at the end and print that out as well.
Tue 26/10/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Nah, its a webbased table from my website.
Tue 26/10/04 at 18:21
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
can't you use excel?
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Havn't looked at much javascript lately, been nearly a year since I've last used it but I think I may need it for a small thing I want to do.

I have a smallish table with a few columns, the last being costs, would like to write a little script to add up the costs, work out the total and the average cost.

Just a bit confused as to how I get the value in each of the end columns to add up?

Anyone give me some pointers?
Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.