GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need wireless network help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 16:35
Regular
I need to know what the difference is between 54mbps and 11mbps cos I'm going to be sharing a 1.5meg connection between 2 computers and 1 laptop and need to know what speed I need.
Tue 26/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Scope wrote:
> Afternoon wrote:
> Neither of the two would affect the internet speed but be aware
> transferring files within a Wireless Network will take longer on the
> slower 11mbps wireless network.
>
> Yea I was reading about 11mbps being 1.4megs of something wondered
> what it was.

Well it is 1.4MB, as 11Mbits is just under 1.4Mbytes. As you are sharing a 1.5Mbit connection the 11Mbit wireless connection is over 7 times faster than what the maximum speed of the internet can go.

Would be best to go for 54Mbits if you can, just for the extra speed for file transfering on an internal network.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:47
Regular
Afternoon wrote:
> Neither of the two would affect the internet speed but be aware
> transferring files within a Wireless Network will take longer on the
> slower 11mbps wireless network.

Yea I was reading about 11mbps being 1.4megs of something wondered what it was.
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:57
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
wahoo i was right and only guessing
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:57
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Neither of the two would affect the internet speed but be aware transferring files within a Wireless Network will take longer on the slower 11mbps wireless network.
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:47
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
if you think about it, 54 is bigger than 11, so which one would be faster, hhhmmm.
dunno if it's backwards compatible though, if no-one else in here posts go for the biggest, cos it means it can take the most, and less. the other one can only take less.
know what i mean?
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:35
Regular
I need to know what the difference is between 54mbps and 11mbps cos I'm going to be sharing a 1.5meg connection between 2 computers and 1 laptop and need to know what speed I need.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.