GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid Special Missions"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/01 at 22:06
Regular
Last November I bought Metal Gear Solid's additional disc called the Special Missions.I expected to play it soon bacause i pre ordered my Playstation 2 a while ago.Well I didn't get my Playstation 2 until December 8th.I then Played the Legendary Metal Gear Solid,Then i decided to try the Special Missions disc.I put it in and when it asked for disc 1 or 2 of MGS to confirm that i have it it said "ERROR WRONG DISC" mmm fauly disc maybe? i went to electronic boutique where i bought it and they exchanged it,great i'll go have a do on it.It still said the same thing "ERROR WRONG DISC" I went back down to EB and they said it could be the main disc of MGS so they swaped that.It Still said "ERROR WRONG DISC".I went down to EB to have a chat and they tryed it on the PS2 they have set up in store it still said "ERROR WRONG DISC" they gave a complete refund for the amount of trouble i'd had.I was determined to play this so i rung up sony uk's helpline and the guy hadn't heard of the additional disc so i phoned Konami asking what's up with this game and they said it's a hardware issue so back to sony and they said er "yeah probably". I then just left it for months then i emailed a top xplorer code maker who made a code that you didn't have to swap discs so i asked him of he could make one to bypass it completey.he was more than happy to and made a code in 2 days and i spent hours inputting it hopeing it would work and guess what it still said "ERROR WRONG DISC" i had a chat to this code maker guy who is smarter than any helpline i've phoned and we came to the conclusion that the protecion of the special missions disc has to run at 2x and have the exact playstation hardware because it searches for the bit of hardware that says it in the PAL format before it searches for the main metal gear solid disc,this on the playstation 2 misfires and causes it to say "ERROR WRONG DISC" it's now been 7 months and i haven't seen this game.Sony somehow hasn't included this on the incompatablity list but they now say "We are aware of the problem" believe me nothing at all will make this game run on a playstation2. Has anyone else had the same problem or just want to add comments please post a message.-DannyM
Tue 08/05/01 at 22:40
Regular
I think I remember somebody else saying they had a problem with the VR missions disc, and I think it is just one that got missed off the "won`t run list".

Anyway, I`d give up, I`ve heard that the VR missions weren`t that good anyway.
Tue 08/05/01 at 22:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
Last November I bought Metal Gear Solid's additional disc called the Special Missions.I expected to play it soon bacause i pre ordered my Playstation 2 a while ago.Well I didn't get my Playstation 2 until December 8th.I then Played the Legendary Metal Gear Solid,Then i decided to try the Special Missions disc.I put it in and when it asked for disc 1 or 2 of MGS to confirm that i have it it said "ERROR WRONG DISC" mmm fauly disc maybe? i went to electronic boutique where i bought it and they exchanged it,great i'll go have a do on it.It still said the same thing "ERROR WRONG DISC" I went back down to EB and they said it could be the main disc of MGS so they swaped that.It Still said "ERROR WRONG DISC".I went down to EB to have a chat and they tryed it on the PS2 they have set up in store it still said "ERROR WRONG DISC" they gave a complete refund for the amount of trouble i'd had.I was determined to play this so i rung up sony uk's helpline and the guy hadn't heard of the additional disc so i phoned Konami asking what's up with this game and they said it's a hardware issue so back to sony and they said er "yeah probably". I then just left it for months then i emailed a top xplorer code maker who made a code that you didn't have to swap discs so i asked him of he could make one to bypass it completey.he was more than happy to and made a code in 2 days and i spent hours inputting it hopeing it would work and guess what it still said "ERROR WRONG DISC" i had a chat to this code maker guy who is smarter than any helpline i've phoned and we came to the conclusion that the protecion of the special missions disc has to run at 2x and have the exact playstation hardware because it searches for the bit of hardware that says it in the PAL format before it searches for the main metal gear solid disc,this on the playstation 2 misfires and causes it to say "ERROR WRONG DISC" it's now been 7 months and i haven't seen this game.Sony somehow hasn't included this on the incompatablity list but they now say "We are aware of the problem" believe me nothing at all will make this game run on a playstation2. Has anyone else had the same problem or just want to add comments please post a message.-DannyM

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.