GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Prince of Persia Sands of time / Warrior Within control options"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time'.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:55
Regular
I am considering buying either of the above games.Can someone please tell me what the keyboard control options are and wether configureable so that I use my right hand only, unable to use left hand due to disability.
Tue 04/01/05 at 13:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
See, I don't get this sort of game. You run down a corridor and press the button to play the right animation at the right time, solve a puzzle designed for monkeys to win their dinners, repeat. It looks quite pretty, but having seen the girlfriend's little sister spend as much time watching cutscenes as playing the damn thing, it loses the appeal. Used to love the series too - had it on Gameboy years ago!
Tue 04/01/05 at 10:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
> How would you act if you were being chased by a demon after you life
> that can't be fought?

Probably pretty narked.

However, after having seen his entire family and palace staff turned into sand zombies in the original Sands Of Time, the prince still managed to keep a chipper and self depreciating attitude to the task at hand.

In short. It's a game. The developers decide the mood, and I feel they've went down the wrong route this time around.

[edit]Well, obviously not for then as they are getting the sales. Still, IMHO it's a far poorer game than SOT, which I found charming and compulsive.
WW is utter frustration in addition to the faults listed below. It's not doing them any favors.[/edit]

I bet if there's a third modern remake of POP, it'll return to the arabian theme. Probably including Ray Harryhausenesq creatures.
Mon 03/01/05 at 23:24
"The Will of D."
cipro wrote:
> Sad thing is, it's actually selling better than the original.

The orignal wasn't advertsed well.
Mon 03/01/05 at 23:24
"The Will of D."
Goatboy wrote:
> I played the demo and was a little dismayed to see the calming Arabian
> atmosphere of the original has been turned into a ROCK!!!!! level on
> a boat with the polite whimsical Prince calling somebody a b#@%$ and
> snarling?
>
> I'll be avoiding this one

How would you act if you were being chased by a demon after you life that can't be fought?
Mon 03/01/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I played the demo and was a little dismayed to see the calming Arabian atmosphere of the original has been turned into a ROCK!!!!! level on a boat with the polite whimsical Prince calling somebody a b#@%$ and snarling?

I'll be avoiding this one
Mon 03/01/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cipro wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Oh, and avoid Warrior Within. It sucks. I've just turned off after
> 30
> minutes in utter disgust. Sands of Time is the far superior game. A
> lot more charm, polish and no teenage agnst rock music.
>
> Sad thing is, it's actually selling better than the original.

Yup. The decision to darken the game and make him a middle eastern Fred Durst has paid off.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Oh, and avoid Warrior Within. It sucks. I've just turned off after 30
> minutes in utter disgust. Sands of Time is the far superior game. A
> lot more charm, polish and no teenage agnst rock music.

Sad thing is, it's actually selling better than the original.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You need both hands, so remove them from your ass.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
You'll need two hands to play the game. Mouse on the right controls the camera, w,s,a,d and a number of other keyboard commands controls the prince. It's possible to tailor them, but on't think you'll have a very enjoyable experience without moving the camera.

Oh, and avoid Warrior Within. It sucks. I've just turned off after 30 minutes in utter disgust. Sands of Time is the far superior game. A lot more charm, polish and no teenage agnst rock music.
Mon 03/01/05 at 13:55
Regular
I am considering buying either of the above games.Can someone please tell me what the keyboard control options are and wether configureable so that I use my right hand only, unable to use left hand due to disability.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.