GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Snes Revival!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/01 at 20:12
Regular
I’m sure we all agree, even if you’re a Sony or Sega fan, that the SNES was a great console. There’s no denying it! But it has faded now. It had a lot of great, GREAT games. But it’s dead. It was the most popular console of its time, even beating the Megadrive. But it’s gone. It was probably Nintendo’s crowning achievement. But it’s now not merely pushing up daisy’s but practically rocketing them into orbit!

Yes, I’m sure a lot of people (including myself) were sad to see it go, but it’s gone now. All it’s great games are now only alive in people’s memories, and maybe some people are still playing their SNES. I have regrettably sold mine. I really wish I hadn’t, but I have. I really miss some of the games. Old classics like F-Zero X, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World... There are loads and loads of them. I’m pretty sure by now that you can tell what I’m getting at. Yup, a SNES revival!

Hey! Put down those placards! We don’t need to protest! The Revival is already happening. Even the slowest of you should get what I mean by now. I’m talking about the GameBoy Advance of course! It has already been confirmed that three SNES titles are getting the ‘Advanced treatment’ They are namely, Mario Advance, Mario Kart Advance and F-Zero Advance. The original Super Mario Brothers (Well not the ORIGINAL, but the SNES version) was a *huge* success, absolutely massive. Mario Kart... Do I need to go any further with this sentence? Err, no I don’t think so. And of course F-Zero X. F-Zero, blah blah blah, break neck speeds, yadda yadda yadda, great fun... You get my drift? With these titles and loads more rumoured to be updated, (R-Type being among them!) the GBA truly will have pulled off the SNES Revival.

But, of course, the GBA can’t JUST have updates of old games. It has to have its fair share of original titles to keep the players happy.

Luckily there are tons of original games being developed (or rumoured to be developed anyhow) for the GBA at the moment! With the GBA’s combination of updates, completely original titles, cool look and excellent all round ability to entertain (yes I have played on one). I believe that I can’t go far wrong in saying that this is going to be the best handheld console ever. And probably one of the best consoles ever. Handheld or otherwise.

RBS - TPS
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
I’m sure we all agree, even if you’re a Sony or Sega fan, that the SNES was a great console. There’s no denying it! But it has faded now. It had a lot of great, GREAT games. But it’s dead. It was the most popular console of its time, even beating the Megadrive. But it’s gone. It was probably Nintendo’s crowning achievement. But it’s now not merely pushing up daisy’s but practically rocketing them into orbit!

Yes, I’m sure a lot of people (including myself) were sad to see it go, but it’s gone now. All it’s great games are now only alive in people’s memories, and maybe some people are still playing their SNES. I have regrettably sold mine. I really wish I hadn’t, but I have. I really miss some of the games. Old classics like F-Zero X, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World... There are loads and loads of them. I’m pretty sure by now that you can tell what I’m getting at. Yup, a SNES revival!

Hey! Put down those placards! We don’t need to protest! The Revival is already happening. Even the slowest of you should get what I mean by now. I’m talking about the GameBoy Advance of course! It has already been confirmed that three SNES titles are getting the ‘Advanced treatment’ They are namely, Mario Advance, Mario Kart Advance and F-Zero Advance. The original Super Mario Brothers (Well not the ORIGINAL, but the SNES version) was a *huge* success, absolutely massive. Mario Kart... Do I need to go any further with this sentence? Err, no I don’t think so. And of course F-Zero X. F-Zero, blah blah blah, break neck speeds, yadda yadda yadda, great fun... You get my drift? With these titles and loads more rumoured to be updated, (R-Type being among them!) the GBA truly will have pulled off the SNES Revival.

But, of course, the GBA can’t JUST have updates of old games. It has to have its fair share of original titles to keep the players happy.

Luckily there are tons of original games being developed (or rumoured to be developed anyhow) for the GBA at the moment! With the GBA’s combination of updates, completely original titles, cool look and excellent all round ability to entertain (yes I have played on one). I believe that I can’t go far wrong in saying that this is going to be the best handheld console ever. And probably one of the best consoles ever. Handheld or otherwise.

RBS - TPS
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Not long now till GBA arrives:P
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Snes revival? it's been just under 6 years since the Snes was packed in. How can it be revived? no hospitasl could save it. Plus, why would Sony and Sega fans like it? I don't think many would agree, ok, so i'm just making conversation, but it's semi true.
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:35
Regular
"You've upset me"
Fogmaster wrote:
> Snes revival? it's been just under 6 years since the Snes was packed
> in. How can it be revived? no hospitasl could save it.

errrr....hmmm... Well that's all we've got time for on this weeks show...

Plus, why
> would Sony and Sega fans like it? I don't think many would agree,

I didn't say that they liked it, I said they'd have to admit that it was a great console.

Tue 08/05/01 at 22:06
Snes was the best console ever imo, I played every single one and hated the latest one, which take graphics over playability. I dont care how good a game looks, the playability determins EVERYTHING for me!

Snes is the best, but alias I dont have time/tv to use it much which is why im selling it :(
Tue 08/05/01 at 22:38
Regular
"everyone says it"
Original Message posted by er-no on 11/03/2001 at 12.50AM

There is news floating around at work that when the GBA is released in the UK a special adapter will be released so that you can also play your SNES game on the GBA!

I am sorry but I may have to go and lie down! play any SNES game on the GBA,play any SNES game on the GBA while walking around the house, while sitting in a car, no leads, phwewww calm down, this is soo good! and even if Nintendo say no to this add-on the great news is that some company has already got an unofficial one planned.

*******There you go guys happy now....******
Wed 09/05/01 at 15:18
Having an adapter is all very well, but what use is it when you can't get any games?

Furthermore, can you imagine the size of what you'll have in your hand.. a snes cartridge is much bigger than a GBA!

Wed 09/05/01 at 15:21
Regular
Thing is, there are loads of second hand (or even third or fourth!) games floating around independant games shops.

If this adapter thing is released, you will still be able to get hold of some SNES games.

If the adaptor is confirmed, then i'm definately going to buy a GBA, maybe i should start stocking up on SNES games now eh?
Wed 09/05/01 at 15:41
Your Honour wrote:
> Thing is, there are loads of second hand (or even third or fourth!)
> games floating around independant games shops.

I think that I'll just stick to playing SNES games on my SNES and GBA games on my GBA.

I can't quite work out why I'm so interested in getting a GBA.. I have an original GB and I haven't bought a game on that in a number of years..!

Ah well

I'll think :)
Wed 09/05/01 at 15:45
Regular
I wish i still had my SNES, it got it off my brother when i was about 14 (6 years ago). I only kept it for a while, then i can't remember what happened to it.

MarioKart for the SNES was amazing, thats why i want the GBA to be able to play SNES games, so i can replay it. All i've got to do is find a secondhand copy around somewhere though!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.