GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should WWE Take A More "Sport" Approach?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/10/04 at 22:12
Regular
"That's me"
I was thinking of this earlier and I thought it could have been good. What about if WWE became more like a "sport", but with the entertainment mixed in? I know that sounds stupid now, but read this...

I was thinking of a way to combine the rosters without ever combining them. The way to do that is to have a League Table for every Championship. The catch is, there would only be four Championships and they would all be interbrand. The WWE Championship, the WWE Tag Team Championship, the WWE Womens Championship and the WWE International Championship(Combination of the Intercontinental and United States Championships).

What do I mean by League Tables? Well, for every Championship, there would be a league table. On one brand, the person who hasn't got the Championship has a League Table. Whoever gets the most points by the next Pay Per View gets the shot for their brand. It could be three points for a win, deduct three for a loss and one for a draw. For the brand with the title, it could just be normal championship matches with no league table.

Interbrand Matches would happen at the Big Five Pay Per Views. Royal Rumble, which would take place in January. Wrestlemania, which would take place in March, King Of The Ring in June, Summerslam in August and Survivor Series in November. They would happen every two months. In the shows where there are only one brand(No Way Out, Backlash, Judgment Day, Vengeance, Unforgiven, No Mercy & Armageddon), the championship could change hands between the same brand or League points could be added.

Who goes in each divison? The bookers pick names they want to go in that divison. New fueds could be created that way from people having matches. It could create a fresh crop of new fueds and matches which would be good.

What do you think?

[URL]http://twrestlingf.proboards37.com/index.cgi[/URL]
Mon 25/10/04 at 16:51
Regular
"I'm Great."
Sounds good in practice but having draws would mean time limits on matches. Not sure that would be a good thing. Why do three points have to be deducted for a loss as well?
Mon 25/10/04 at 15:42
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> Heh, DW, keep your opinions to yourself. :D

:cP

*hugs*
Mon 25/10/04 at 13:02
Regular
"..."
I hate the idea of league tables. This would make everyone so focused on win-loss records that it would always be the same few guys who get title shots.

If WWE needs to take a different approach then it should look at Ring of Honour. Focus on in-ring performance with guys who can actually wrestler and cut right back on the promos/vignettes/angles.
Mon 25/10/04 at 12:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
Agreed, I've always thought that league tables, much like the ones in football, rugby, cricket etc. would give reasons behind each and every match and would produce some very interesting and new feuds/matches/results.
Mon 25/10/04 at 11:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Unless they're french or Bostonites :-D
Sun 24/10/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, DW, keep your opinions to yourself. :D

Anyone who doesn't make stupid topics and has some knowledge, using proper English, is always welcome here.
Sun 24/10/04 at 23:32
Regular
Stick to WF and TWF...seriously, you won't like this place. :cD
Sun 24/10/04 at 23:00
Regular
"That's me"
But still, wrestling could be listed on the sports channels like baseball and such.
Sun 24/10/04 at 22:41
Regular
"0228"
An interesting concept but it wouldn't make wrestling more sporty because it would still have to be fixed.
Sun 24/10/04 at 22:12
Regular
"That's me"
I was thinking of this earlier and I thought it could have been good. What about if WWE became more like a "sport", but with the entertainment mixed in? I know that sounds stupid now, but read this...

I was thinking of a way to combine the rosters without ever combining them. The way to do that is to have a League Table for every Championship. The catch is, there would only be four Championships and they would all be interbrand. The WWE Championship, the WWE Tag Team Championship, the WWE Womens Championship and the WWE International Championship(Combination of the Intercontinental and United States Championships).

What do I mean by League Tables? Well, for every Championship, there would be a league table. On one brand, the person who hasn't got the Championship has a League Table. Whoever gets the most points by the next Pay Per View gets the shot for their brand. It could be three points for a win, deduct three for a loss and one for a draw. For the brand with the title, it could just be normal championship matches with no league table.

Interbrand Matches would happen at the Big Five Pay Per Views. Royal Rumble, which would take place in January. Wrestlemania, which would take place in March, King Of The Ring in June, Summerslam in August and Survivor Series in November. They would happen every two months. In the shows where there are only one brand(No Way Out, Backlash, Judgment Day, Vengeance, Unforgiven, No Mercy & Armageddon), the championship could change hands between the same brand or League points could be added.

Who goes in each divison? The bookers pick names they want to go in that divison. New fueds could be created that way from people having matches. It could create a fresh crop of new fueds and matches which would be good.

What do you think?

[URL]http://twrestlingf.proboards37.com/index.cgi[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.