GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Adrain Mutu"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Thinking about the Adrian Mutu situation, is he thicker than a bowl full of Ben and Jerrys, or is he actually clever in a Beckham-esque fashion!!

Whilst theres no doubting Beckham was a clever b****r for getting himself suspended whilst injured, he was more stupid that an episode of EastEnders for admitting what he did. Adrian Mutu has been, in my opinion very clever.

First of all he had realised that since Jose took over the running of the club he wasn’t going to get a look in. He had, when he joined, signed a 5 year contract which meant he had 4 years left of his contract left, and given that Chelsea had previously let Winston Bogarde rot in the reserves on £40k a week, there was every chance they would do the same with Mutu.

So in taking a banned substance (believed to be cocaine, but Mutu denies it was this) he has effectively banned himself from playing football. However, after noting what happened to Mark Bosnich and his drug taking offence, where he was sacked, it leaves you wondering if Mutu wants to be sacked.

In news reports today Mutu is saying he doesn’t believe Chelsea will sack him but will get rid of him, which either way would get him out of the club that is no longer giving him first team football. For me though this is just too much of a double bluff. He SOOOOOO wants to be sacked.

Why would you want to be sacked though? Well despite taking drugs Mutu is likely to get off with a light punishment. As he admitted drug taking and didn’t request a second urine sample be taken, he will be looked lightly upon. Also considering the fact that he has already begun drug rehabilitation courses, its likely that this will also help reduce his ban.

Talks of only a 6 month ban are being banded around which means that he could be playing football again by the start of next season. Several clubs have already shown an interest in signing him despite this blemish on his record, and it means that he could be on his way out of Chelsea in the next transfer window or in the summer. Far better than spending 3-4 years in the reserves!!

My advise to Chelsea would be to make the Mutu honour his contract rather than to let him go due to an out of character event, that could lead to something that could be viewed as an elaborate scheme to move clubs when your club doesn’t want you to go and want s you to pay for being a moany big head!!
Wed 10/11/04 at 15:46
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
The Jiggaman wrote:
> ...And hes been sacked now...will probably get a 6 month ban and be
> back playing in Italy at the start of next season!!

Not a bad, calculated guess I'd say...A 7 month ban and he's holding talks with Juve...like I said, he's not as stupid as he looks!!
Fri 29/10/04 at 09:26
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
...And hes been sacked now...will probably get a 6 month ban and be back playing in Italy at the start of next season!!

Like I said, I think its more of a calculated move on Mutus behalf rather than a stupid mistake. As you don't mistakingly take a drug "Oh sorry I tripped onto a mountain of snow, and in the shock of it all, inhaled as I fell".

Also the money isn't an issue here, if you've earnt a bucket load of cash from a signing on fee, and £60k a week then of course you're not going to be short of cash. But ask any professional if they like not playing...

All this IS out of character for Mutu, and I believe its becuase he's got more up top than we might think!!
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He says he took "Something to make him feel good"... to me, it seems likely that he smoked or drank something that had been spiked with cocaine, possibly unknowingly.
Fri 22/10/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
He wouldn't be that dumb...

Whether he took 'cocaine' or not, a random test has come up Positive in saying he is guilty of having recently taken some kind of banned substance; whether it be for performance-enhancing needs, an up-lifting experience or what.

He's broken the law. Not just the law of his respected profession, but one of the laws of life in this country.

If Chelsea do tear up his contract and chuck him out on the streets, do you really think any other major European side will feel even the slightest ounce of symapthy for him, knowing what he has done?

Can he be trusted? What are the chances he'll do this - or, even, something very similar, at some point again? What could his future actions say about us?

---

If he wanted a quick escape from his reserve team action at Stamford Bridge, he'd have put in a transfer request, just like any other professional in the game. He'd have said something before hand. After the Rio Ferdinand thing, we all know what even the slightest murmur of 'drugs' can do.
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Getting yourself sacked when you're on about a 70k a week contract or whatever he's on and all you'd had to do was play some reserve games and sit on a bench to earn it is not smart, it's stupidity to eclipse Beckham
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
er no, he is obviously very stupid.

a) he wasn't playing anyway.

b) by all reports i have heard he is actually one of the most committed professionals around when it comes to training. Ok, he has been mucking about recently whilst of the rails but apparently he is one of the most dedicated players in training under usual circumstances.

c) enough about bogarde, i honestly hate people who pick on bogarde. Pick on chelsea, thats fair play to pick on boggy is so harsh, he trained and he honoured his contract. Bogarde did nothing wrong, he was just crap. Had he been immense we would have expected him to honour his contract so it works the other way to.

D) and most importantly, if he has committed gross misconduct we can suspend him with out pay.
Fri 22/10/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Colourless"
Who's Adrain Mutu....?
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Poor, poor Mutu, just keeps getting worse and worse: [URL]http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=28642[/URL]
Fri 22/10/04 at 15:41
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Where did you copy that from?>
Fri 22/10/04 at 15:16
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Thinking about the Adrian Mutu situation, is he thicker than a bowl full of Ben and Jerrys, or is he actually clever in a Beckham-esque fashion!!

Whilst theres no doubting Beckham was a clever b****r for getting himself suspended whilst injured, he was more stupid that an episode of EastEnders for admitting what he did. Adrian Mutu has been, in my opinion very clever.

First of all he had realised that since Jose took over the running of the club he wasn’t going to get a look in. He had, when he joined, signed a 5 year contract which meant he had 4 years left of his contract left, and given that Chelsea had previously let Winston Bogarde rot in the reserves on £40k a week, there was every chance they would do the same with Mutu.

So in taking a banned substance (believed to be cocaine, but Mutu denies it was this) he has effectively banned himself from playing football. However, after noting what happened to Mark Bosnich and his drug taking offence, where he was sacked, it leaves you wondering if Mutu wants to be sacked.

In news reports today Mutu is saying he doesn’t believe Chelsea will sack him but will get rid of him, which either way would get him out of the club that is no longer giving him first team football. For me though this is just too much of a double bluff. He SOOOOOO wants to be sacked.

Why would you want to be sacked though? Well despite taking drugs Mutu is likely to get off with a light punishment. As he admitted drug taking and didn’t request a second urine sample be taken, he will be looked lightly upon. Also considering the fact that he has already begun drug rehabilitation courses, its likely that this will also help reduce his ban.

Talks of only a 6 month ban are being banded around which means that he could be playing football again by the start of next season. Several clubs have already shown an interest in signing him despite this blemish on his record, and it means that he could be on his way out of Chelsea in the next transfer window or in the summer. Far better than spending 3-4 years in the reserves!!

My advise to Chelsea would be to make the Mutu honour his contract rather than to let him go due to an out of character event, that could lead to something that could be viewed as an elaborate scheme to move clubs when your club doesn’t want you to go and want s you to pay for being a moany big head!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.