GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Drug taking in sport"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
With the latest revelation from Adrian Mutu that he took a banned substance (although has denied it was Cocaine…a recreational drug), it leads me to the argument that athletes and other sports professionals should be allowed to pump their body full of any drug they like in order to enhance their performance or otherwise.

Professionals in their sporting field are meant to be at the peak of human ability yet they’re not. When Ben Johnson run 9.79seconds in the 100m everyone was amazed that a human can run that fast. Even more that 20 years on there’s still only a handful of sprinters that have ever gone sub 10 seconds let alone come near 9.79secons for 100m. I want to see if anyone one can run sub 9 seconds for the 100m, and I want to see just how far the human body can be pushed.

Now obviously I’m not saying that all athletes should take performance enhancing drugs, but those that wish to do so should be allowed to. Think of the positives, everyone will be on a level playing field and there can be no allegations of cheating. Whilst there will be many people shouting that it sets a poor example to the youth of today, I disagree.

Firstly the government should legalise all drugs as they can then sell them with high taxes and we won’t have problems with drugs being mixed with talc or rat poison that are currently available from your local smackhead. Secondly there is a thing called personal choice. I would personally choose not to take them to enhance my sporting performance or for recreational use, as I think you have to be an idiot to use them. The youth of today are more aware of things that surround them in todays high media and technological society, in which case to say that they can be easily influenced by these people who take performance enhancing (who you’ll claim is their role model) is a crock of bum tar.

When I was in my early teens I was never lured into smoking or taking drugs as you have to me mentally retarded to want to slowly kill your own bodys internal organs and small like a dodgy BBQ with breath that resembles Snoopys rectum. Peer pressure to take such drugs as its cool, as so and so does it, and so do your mates is also a cop out. There’s no need to be a wimp and just join in as it would be easier. Tell the idiots that you don’t want to. Obviously I can see the problem of going to a sports day and all the 12yr old kids line up for 100m and there’s one kid in lane 4 whos 6ft 5inchs, has a beard and is built better than your dad. So such performace enhancing drugs should only be allowed in proffesioal competitions, and sold to people over the age of 18.

Obviously this is all hypothetical, in case should such things become legalised, but it makes sense in the world of sport. Going back to Adrian Mutu, had he taken a performance-enhancing drug then you can’t really blame him. Imagine yourself as a 5ft nothing Romanian striker having to try and take the ball past the likes of Sol Campbell and John Terry…they’re both big buggers and you’ll get swatted like a fly!!

Think about though, all sportsmen can take whatever they like, would lead to a human body that would break every boundary currently halting it from going faster, stronger, longer!! It’s worth thinking about whether your serious about it or not!!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 22/10/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
With the latest revelation from Adrian Mutu that he took a banned substance (although has denied it was Cocaine…a recreational drug), it leads me to the argument that athletes and other sports professionals should be allowed to pump their body full of any drug they like in order to enhance their performance or otherwise.

Professionals in their sporting field are meant to be at the peak of human ability yet they’re not. When Ben Johnson run 9.79seconds in the 100m everyone was amazed that a human can run that fast. Even more that 20 years on there’s still only a handful of sprinters that have ever gone sub 10 seconds let alone come near 9.79secons for 100m. I want to see if anyone one can run sub 9 seconds for the 100m, and I want to see just how far the human body can be pushed.

Now obviously I’m not saying that all athletes should take performance enhancing drugs, but those that wish to do so should be allowed to. Think of the positives, everyone will be on a level playing field and there can be no allegations of cheating. Whilst there will be many people shouting that it sets a poor example to the youth of today, I disagree.

Firstly the government should legalise all drugs as they can then sell them with high taxes and we won’t have problems with drugs being mixed with talc or rat poison that are currently available from your local smackhead. Secondly there is a thing called personal choice. I would personally choose not to take them to enhance my sporting performance or for recreational use, as I think you have to be an idiot to use them. The youth of today are more aware of things that surround them in todays high media and technological society, in which case to say that they can be easily influenced by these people who take performance enhancing (who you’ll claim is their role model) is a crock of bum tar.

When I was in my early teens I was never lured into smoking or taking drugs as you have to me mentally retarded to want to slowly kill your own bodys internal organs and small like a dodgy BBQ with breath that resembles Snoopys rectum. Peer pressure to take such drugs as its cool, as so and so does it, and so do your mates is also a cop out. There’s no need to be a wimp and just join in as it would be easier. Tell the idiots that you don’t want to. Obviously I can see the problem of going to a sports day and all the 12yr old kids line up for 100m and there’s one kid in lane 4 whos 6ft 5inchs, has a beard and is built better than your dad. So such performace enhancing drugs should only be allowed in proffesioal competitions, and sold to people over the age of 18.

Obviously this is all hypothetical, in case should such things become legalised, but it makes sense in the world of sport. Going back to Adrian Mutu, had he taken a performance-enhancing drug then you can’t really blame him. Imagine yourself as a 5ft nothing Romanian striker having to try and take the ball past the likes of Sol Campbell and John Terry…they’re both big buggers and you’ll get swatted like a fly!!

Think about though, all sportsmen can take whatever they like, would lead to a human body that would break every boundary currently halting it from going faster, stronger, longer!! It’s worth thinking about whether your serious about it or not!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.