GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the Xbox better than PS2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/01 at 16:24
Regular
Ah! That question. Well, is it? Most people compare the specs, and say; well of course it is, it has a 733MHz processor whereas the PS2's has a 297MHz (something like that) and so on. But, to be honest, it isn't just the power of the Xbox that will make it better than the PS2, it's the games, and from the pictures that I have seen, the PS2 is certainly going to have a tough time.

The games look impressive, and the fact that there is still quite a long time till launch, it shows the power of the Xbox. But that said, there haven't really been any games shown that make me want to buy one as soon as it comes out.

The main problem is that Xbox will have when it comes out, is that by that time, the developers should have got used to the PS2, and the games could equal whatever the Xbox churns out. And there's still the Gamecube to contend with. It's going to be a tough battle.
Tue 08/05/01 at 16:24
Ah! That question. Well, is it? Most people compare the specs, and say; well of course it is, it has a 733MHz processor whereas the PS2's has a 297MHz (something like that) and so on. But, to be honest, it isn't just the power of the Xbox that will make it better than the PS2, it's the games, and from the pictures that I have seen, the PS2 is certainly going to have a tough time.

The games look impressive, and the fact that there is still quite a long time till launch, it shows the power of the Xbox. But that said, there haven't really been any games shown that make me want to buy one as soon as it comes out.

The main problem is that Xbox will have when it comes out, is that by that time, the developers should have got used to the PS2, and the games could equal whatever the Xbox churns out. And there's still the Gamecube to contend with. It's going to be a tough battle.
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:24
Regular
"Back For Good"
excuse me but i saw a snowboarding game running on the x box on cybernet and it wasn't even close to SSX.i think games like moto gp are giving the ps2 a bad name with it's awful anti analising. but looking at SSX and gran turismo,metal gear solid 2,devil may cry there's no squared edges in sight.By the time the x box comes out which i hope flops and kicks microsoft back to windows 98 which is still full of bugs.
the Ps2 will get going but the games are awful at the monent but the future is bright,the hard drive will allow you to download drivers for hardware support.download new levels. update new software for your console and loads more it may include some super duper expansion hardware that will kcsk everything else out of the water yet again.

with you all the way sony,
i love the dreamcast too
Fri 25/05/01 at 16:58
Regular
"MSR Rules"
I've been looking at project Gotham.
The car detail graphics are by far the best on ANYTHING.
I know Bizarre Creations are still working on the backdrops so they dont look fantastic yet.
The game will rock and the XBox will do well, i'm sure of that, but it remains to be seen how well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.