GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/05/00 at 18:41
Regular
Why can't Nintendo create games for the n64 that have a 3rd person view and plot like Metal Gear Solid?? Speaking for my self but I think Goldeneye is the best shoot em' up EVER! but it just doesn't hold enough in it to be the best game ever.
If Nintendo could make a game with lots of puzzles like Tombraider but with a realistic more realistic story line, and lots of really good scheneries and weapons and all this with the wicked N64 grapics, could be a reciepe for a truely excellent game!
What do you think?
Sun 29/04/01 at 18:21
Regular
Hey Ashley... long time, no see, yet again. :)

I posted my first post before you, Ant, but you were much more regular in the "olden" days.

Hardly came on at all, in fact, for a very long time.
Sun 29/04/01 at 15:17
Regular
Riqa the single screenshot game was also a "secret" nintendo project which was supposed to be a third person controlling a women similar to Lara croft but in more modern environments however it seems to have slipped to the GC.
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:13
Regular
I haven`t seen it!
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:09
it don't look dat good!
Sun 29/04/01 at 11:06
Regular
Nits not made by nintendo but rumour has it that indiana Jones its going to be very good.
Sat 28/04/01 at 21:24
Regular
"I like cheese"
ssxpro wrote:
> The original two!

Yep, me and Foggie were on from the start.

I think that's what you mean, anyway.....
Sat 28/04/01 at 19:43
Regular
The original two!
Wed 03/05/00 at 19:10
I completely agree. Metal Gear had a great plot and great graphics, weapons and everything about it was great. I'm not a fan of N64 but Metal Gear on N64 would look great and could probably give the delayed, supposedly brilliant Perfect Dark a run for its money.
Fogmaster wrote:
> Why can't Nintendo create games for the n64 that have a 3rd person
> view and plot like Metal Gear Solid?? Speaking for my self but I
> think Goldeneye is the best shoot em' up EVER! but it just doesn't
> hold enough in it to be the best game ever.
> If Nintendo could make a game with lots of puzzles like Tombraider
> but with a realistic more realistic story line, and lots of really
> good scheneries and weapons and all this with the wicked N64
> grapics, could be a reciepe for a truely excellent game!
> What do you think?
Wed 03/05/00 at 18:58
But if we had more realistic storylines, we would not have such greats like Ganon trying to take over the world with the tri-force, or Giant moons with cheesy grins plumeting down to zelda-land. God forbid, we would not even have zombie infested towns like Racoon city (okay not a nintendo game, but it has an unrealistic plot all the same)! Now me thinks a storyline makes a game. It comes above (in my books) graphics, sound, cinematics (maybe), even gameplay (but only in few cases). (kind of drifting off in to a proper letter!!) I agree, most games would look better in realistic graphics, but sometimes games like Zelda look better in cartoony graphics or they don't have the same 'atmosphere'. I also wouldn't expect to see giant (yet very cool) guns in a nintendo game any time soon. You're right saying saying games should have more puzzles. Magazines are always saying that games like Zelda are absolutely packed with puzzles, but their measly things like pushing a block on a swith to open a door. More time should be put in to puzzles! (having realised I've nearly gone completely off the subject, I shall stop right there). Thankyou.
Wed 03/05/00 at 18:41
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Why can't Nintendo create games for the n64 that have a 3rd person view and plot like Metal Gear Solid?? Speaking for my self but I think Goldeneye is the best shoot em' up EVER! but it just doesn't hold enough in it to be the best game ever.
If Nintendo could make a game with lots of puzzles like Tombraider but with a realistic more realistic story line, and lots of really good scheneries and weapons and all this with the wicked N64 grapics, could be a reciepe for a truely excellent game!
What do you think?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.