GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sell, sell, sell!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/10/04 at 12:26
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I work in a call centre & recently the powers that be have decided we are to start selling an insurance cover to people that own their home & pay there water bills by Direct Debit. The first 3 months are free. It quite a good deal, but the problem is that I am really rubbish at selling it. We need to do two a day but I dont even do that per week. I NEED SELLING TIPS. HELP!
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:28
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I have sold 1 today, but so far this week I should have sold 8.
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:22
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Hmmm.. have you sold many so far today?
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:20
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I have worked here for about 7 months & my blagging skills aren't that good. Thats why I need help.
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:07
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
kev.. how long have you worked in a call centre.? If its more than a year use your blagging skills. Well thats what i do
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:59
Regular
Just say to the people, "Hey, I'll lose my job if I can't sell insurance, take it up and cancel/claim before you have to pay. I have 6 kids to feed"

The reason a lot of people don't want it is because they get calls for insurance etc all of the time.
Yesterday, for example, I was phoned by 4 Withheld numbers, 2 unavailable, and one international number, all wanting to sell something to us.

So, when my dad answers the phone, they don't get the "sorry, they're not in" that I give, but the "Right, I've got double glazing, a kitchen, a bathroom, a house, a roof, tiles, insurance, everything I need. pess off!!!"
I can't help but laugh.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:59
Regular
"I'm Great."
cookie monster wrote:
> I hate it when companies do stuff like that. Like at woolworths when
> we had to ask people if they wanted to buy a video for £2.99 or
> a dvd for £5.99 when they spent over £5, it got on my
> wick and almost nobody wanted to take up the offer anyway.

Same here. Did that for a few hours and that was it. I'm guessing they'll tell us to ask again now that it is getting nearer to christmas. We don't bother with the £5 thing although I'm sure we should.

I think it is a case of if people want to hear about insurance then they'll listen, if they don't, they won't. Tell that to the manager next time he/she calls you in.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:54
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I like the sound of that. I will try to push that a bit more. By the way you are right about being covered by household insurance. If a drain collases on your prop, your household cover wouldn't cover it. That can cost £'000s.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Hmmm, thought as much. They have sent me junk mail about this several times already. It could be because people say they are covered on their household insurance when in fact most of them probably are not.

The idea of being able to get hold of a plumber quickly is the only good thing about the insurance. Plumbers are notoriously hard to get hold of especially when being called out to do small jobs. They are just not interested as they earn a lot more by doing a big job e.g. fitting new central heating.

Maybe you could push that somehow.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:48
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Afternoon wrote:
> Probably the old I'll only help you if you buy my insurance trick, I
> get that a lot in Argos (which is also I reason I never go there)
I might try that, but I cant see that working. If someone said that to me I would tell them to stick it up the f*****g a**e & would go else where.
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:46
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Is it general insurance or the more specific 'plumber and drainage
> cover'?
>
> and you don't need to quote my whole message when my post is directly
> below your answer.

Sorry dude. Yes its specific plumbing & drainage cover. But British Gas do one thats a lot better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.