GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SSC12 - Rumours and Instinct"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 21:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I slink in the shadows, unrevealing and merciless. A purpose forged by blood and thirst. My boots creak gently as I stretch up onto my tiptoes and back down onto the balls of my feet.

Waiting.

Waiting

Waiting.

The blackness has become my ally, hiding me from the eyes of mortals that snicker and stare, point and snatch. I sulk, my back pressed against a cold brick wall, my cape my only comfort on this bitter eve. My breath crystallises in the night air, melding together before dispersing translucently amongst the darkness.

I wait some more.

Something stirs behind the heavy oak door I stand beside. My pupils stretch at the corners of my sockets, almost tearing my tear ducts, to try and glance her; my date for the evening. But alas all is quiet once more. My deep sigh echoes through the empty streets and disappears into the depth of darkness with my chilled breath.

Clink

Click

Squeak.

The door slides open to reveal her in all of her majestic beauty. Her curvaceous physique gracefully attired in a soft beige gown, dipping delightfully between her large breasts – a ruby pendant dancing between them on a slim chain. Hey eyes dart side-to-side before closing the door and starting a slow-paced shuffle along the street.

I follow.

Clinging to the dark doorways and insurmountable archways I go unnoticed. Following the beck and call of her clippety-clop heels. I know not where she is heading and that I need to make my move soon. Afore dawn, at least. I stalk her like a fox does a rabbit, through the twisting, winding, riddling streets of the city. I gain on her, my heart beats frantically, the thought of a fresh feeding excites my senses.

I plunge.

My arms clamp onto her shoulders, thrusting her neck backwards as my fangs penetrate her softly scented neck. Her scream turns to a gurgle as I drink deeply from her. Feeding my need, taking my fill. Pale and drained she collapses to the floor, used and useless. Probably still alive, until dawn at least.

Dawn.

The one thing I fear.

The scorching shards of light that burn through my very soul. The daylight that melts away the shadow that conceals and protects. The rays of light that burn and torch my soft skin are the ones I long never to encounter. But if I’ve never experienced the daylight then how can I be sure it will burn?

I can’t.

Then again, how do mortals know they will plummet to their deaths if they run off a cliff? They don’t, really. Yet they never really know until they’re actually falling. Until it's too late.

It’s all rumours and instinct.

Rumours and Instinct.
Sun 24/10/04 at 12:19
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Couldn't give a crap, shut up with your bad story
Sun 24/10/04 at 10:06
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Short and sweet.

Sweet may be the wrong word... ;)
Sat 23/10/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Paradox: wrote:
> plagiarised

Hush! Dirty word :)
Sat 23/10/04 at 14:58
Regular
Very nice. :-)
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:45
Regular
"SOUP!"
Ahh, it was called "Spice" I think.

It won me an SSC if I recall correctly.. I was quite fond of that - quite elaborate in it's twist. I kind of plagiarised Roald Dahl's classic short story formula for that one.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
The one that sticks in my mind without even having to think was the pepperpot one which I thought was excellent.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:39
Regular
"SOUP!"
I seem to get people saying "it's not the best thing you've written" a lot.

What IS the best thing I've written? I want to know what I have to beat to win your praises.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I liked it, as Sleepy says its nowhere near the best thing you've written, but still good.
Thu 21/10/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Sorry :(
Thu 21/10/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The Zoolander school for kids who can't read or do other stuff good.

Oh, and no need to get testy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.