GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm happier"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 14:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
I really was at a sort of crossroads in my life a while ago. Basically I realised I needed to change something, but it wasn’t at all obvious what that something was. There were three paths I could’ve chosen to take – either remaining my same depressed and glumly following the beaten track, getting some guts and committing suicide, or finding something that made me happy and sticking with it. Thankfully I chose the latter.

The question of what made my happy was a daunting one, I tended to dwell so much on the things I disliked that I didn’t really realise what I did like. However I did a lot of soul-searching and ‘found’ myself, as it were. I’m an angst-filled metal head who enjoys music, sex and debating. To satisfy my first need I went to a metal gig at Leeds Cockpit and saw 18 visions, bullet for my valentine and 36 Crazy Fists thrashing guitars to death. This was the first time in my life I have been in a proper mosh pit, and I absolutely loved it. You’d be surprised how therapeutic having your face pounded by a 7-foot tall bearded guy who looked awkwardly like Jesus is. Ears ringing and bruised all over I strode through Leeds city centre a happy man. A footnote appropriate here is how friendly the mosh pit actually is. If you don’t want to be battered and bruised you stand to the side and nobody bothers you, however if you’re in the pit you’re fair game and some fat guy with a tattoo might, and probably will, take a pot-shot at you.

I also met a girl at the gig, who is now my girlfriend, and duly satisfies the sex side of things. It’s quite strange how one night can change so much about a person’s life, but since this gig I have felt so much better about life. Not once have I held my heavy head and sobbed about the wretchedness of it all, I’m actually happy. The whole university thing doesn’t frighten me as it did before, I’m looking forward to meeting new people and the whole independence thing. I also like my job more now after being promoted to head pizza chef on Saturday nights, which is rather good. Also my driving lessons are actually progressing and I’m feeling confidence.

The once thing seemingly lacking is the debate side of things, which is why I turn to you, now, in need of the sustenance my mind requires to make me feel more complete (mostly life forum, actually, but yeah). The time I took away was amazingly beneficial, but I think I need these forums to make me feel at home.

I apologise for being such a moody so-and-so before I parted, hopefully I’m much more amiable now.
Wed 20/10/04 at 14:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
I really was at a sort of crossroads in my life a while ago. Basically I realised I needed to change something, but it wasn’t at all obvious what that something was. There were three paths I could’ve chosen to take – either remaining my same depressed and glumly following the beaten track, getting some guts and committing suicide, or finding something that made me happy and sticking with it. Thankfully I chose the latter.

The question of what made my happy was a daunting one, I tended to dwell so much on the things I disliked that I didn’t really realise what I did like. However I did a lot of soul-searching and ‘found’ myself, as it were. I’m an angst-filled metal head who enjoys music, sex and debating. To satisfy my first need I went to a metal gig at Leeds Cockpit and saw 18 visions, bullet for my valentine and 36 Crazy Fists thrashing guitars to death. This was the first time in my life I have been in a proper mosh pit, and I absolutely loved it. You’d be surprised how therapeutic having your face pounded by a 7-foot tall bearded guy who looked awkwardly like Jesus is. Ears ringing and bruised all over I strode through Leeds city centre a happy man. A footnote appropriate here is how friendly the mosh pit actually is. If you don’t want to be battered and bruised you stand to the side and nobody bothers you, however if you’re in the pit you’re fair game and some fat guy with a tattoo might, and probably will, take a pot-shot at you.

I also met a girl at the gig, who is now my girlfriend, and duly satisfies the sex side of things. It’s quite strange how one night can change so much about a person’s life, but since this gig I have felt so much better about life. Not once have I held my heavy head and sobbed about the wretchedness of it all, I’m actually happy. The whole university thing doesn’t frighten me as it did before, I’m looking forward to meeting new people and the whole independence thing. I also like my job more now after being promoted to head pizza chef on Saturday nights, which is rather good. Also my driving lessons are actually progressing and I’m feeling confidence.

The once thing seemingly lacking is the debate side of things, which is why I turn to you, now, in need of the sustenance my mind requires to make me feel more complete (mostly life forum, actually, but yeah). The time I took away was amazingly beneficial, but I think I need these forums to make me feel at home.

I apologise for being such a moody so-and-so before I parted, hopefully I’m much more amiable now.
Wed 20/10/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
See, you just needed to get some.

As for the debate. Head over to the "size of penis" thread. That's a deep one.
Wed 20/10/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Selected"
I laff. I laff alot.

Maybe I laff too much.
Wed 20/10/04 at 15:26
Regular
Hey, good to hear you feeling better.
Wed 20/10/04 at 15:52
Regular
"That's right!"
Pleasure/pain theory in effect. He's happy, I'm unhappy. Then again, I've never truly been happy anyway.

I'm not a teenager anymore, so do I even have an excuse for being miserable, staying awake at night worrying and becoming more and more withdrawn with each passing week? Hope so, otherwise I'm just some sort of lone nut.
Wed 20/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
These forums are like a little security blanket :)

Nice to hear that you are getting yourself together and enjoying things these days.
Wed 20/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Ah, my notion of inescapable ebb'n'flow in action. I like to call it the Theory of The Epitide.

I'm glad to hear things have picked up for you, though.
Wed 20/10/04 at 18:31
Regular
"SOUP!"
Thanks and stuff :-D
Wed 20/10/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Stop smiling. It's not healthy.
Wed 20/10/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh... good for you.

I HAVEN'T HAD SEX FOR MONTHS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.