GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Look at the other hand you morons"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/10/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Blair secretly agrees to supply 650 troops from Blackwatch to assist the Americans in trying to stuff a finger in the dam.
Nearly all MPs scream in anger, papers condemn, families of Blackwatch condemn, it's mentioned the timing is excellent for the November election for Bush Jr.
The head of an Aid Agency is kidnapped, with a no-doubt saddingly predictable end to that story.
A bomb goes of yesterday killing & injuring over 100 Iraqis, busy enjoying the freedom and happiness brought on by our invasion.

And what's in the papers and news?
BORIS JOHNSON ANGERS SCALLIES!!!!!!!!!!!
HUNTLEY'S VOODOO RITUALS!!!!!!
COLDEST MONDAY SINCE TIME BEGAN!!!!!!!!

Is anybody actually buying this diversion horseshit?
Or are some, even if just some, people saying "Hey hang on a moment here, Blair refuses to apologise for leading us into a phony war based on inaccurate and fabricated evidence, as reported by the CIA-headed investigation. Why is nobody burning down the streets in anger over this?"

*shakes head*
As the proverb goes "The bigger the lie, the more people believe it"

But hey, enjoy your X-Factor/Celebrity Pigwanking/Soap Operas/Tabloids implicitly helping to keep us stupid and glass-eyed, obsessed with footballers and the asinine "sex secrets" of whomever-the-hell-this-week.

2004 - The Middle Ages with shinier hovels.
Thu 21/10/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Light wrote:
> The prime movers behind this whole mess
> could probably all fit into a lift together.

I imagine a scene, perhaps from a crapy ITV skit show, where one of them farts, causing the others to move to one side: a'la Police Academy.
Thu 21/10/04 at 10:15
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I understand how - I don't understand why
Thu 21/10/04 at 09:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
cookie monster wrote:

> Probably because what's done is done, even if everyone in the street
> is hit by the realisation that Blair lied i doubt very much would
> happen.

Can you think of any reason why it wouldn't? Apart, of course, from people saying things like "i doubt (if) very much would happen" over and over again?

The Power of Nightmares was superb by the way. A nice overview of both the Straussian Neo-Con worldview (to make you see the truth, we must lie to you and make you believe those lies) and the rise of radical Islam (which, miffed at the people not rising up and joining them in jihad, decided that the people were corrupt. So to save the people, they must destroy the people. Didn't that style of thought go out with the Vietnam war?).

Worth watching if only to help you realise that the world is not full of people trying to kill you. The prime movers behind this whole mess could probably all fit into a lift together.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
It's madness, sheer madness. I said this about a year ago and now the "war" has turned into a battle of attrition in Iraq.

What a joke. The unbelievable thing about it all is that both Bush and Blair will probably be re-elected which is a complete mockery of everything I've [B]ever[B] believed in.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goatboy wrote:
> and the utter apathy and disinterest of Joe Public boils my blood.

Probably because what's done is done, even if everyone in the street is hit by the realisation that Blair lied i doubt very much would happen.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Evening all, it's certainly been a while since I've posted on this forum.

So, what's been happening? Good god man! The war topics [I]still[I] continue!
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well i did always believe Iraq was Dubya getting revenge for daddy.

However if what i read about an apology being an admission of liability in the eyes of the law is true there's no way in hell we'll be getting an apology out of Blair. As soon as he says it he could be marched off on trial (although i do doubt that would happen). He may be a horrible useless politician but he's a great lawyer.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That may be true, I'm not au fait with the legality of responsibility in admission etc, sounds about right.
But here's what I don't understand, and maybe I'm just misunderstanding the situation:

Blair told us repeatedly in solemn tones that Iraq presented a very "real and present threat with WMD". I remember his paternal televised address to the nation on BBC1 about it.
Now, the countless opposition voices at the time aside, there have been several investigations concluding with the CIA-backed latest one that unequivicably says there never were any WMD present.
Some Minister for Somethingorother apologised on behalf of "the government" on Question Time a couple weeks back, then promptly revised that with caveats after-the-fact.

So we know for a fact that WMD never existed in any form that could have been used in any capacity towards anybody without years of further research. That's the official verdict, not just angry anti-war protestors, UN weapons inspectors, cabinet members etc etc.
Yet Blair still refuses to simply say "I was wrong in my judgement of the intelligence, sorry".
I could at least respect a man that admits fault with his action, but it's this blatant refusal to acknowledge what is staring the entire world in that face that galls me.
The sheer arrogance of the man is staggering, and the utter apathy and disinterest of Joe Public boils my blood.

It's all too easy to crow and say "I told you so", almost 2 years afterwards. But there isn't anybody with even a knotted chord of matter for a brain that can stand there and say "Well Iraq was a threat".
Which means the reasons given were, at worst utter knowing lies and at best misguided attempts at being noble, completely false.
I mean I am correct there, right?
I'm not misviewing this situation and being ruled by my emotions, as I am wont to do am I?
Here's what I see as the capsule review of 19 months or so:

Blair "WMD, threat, terrorism, death"
Everybody else at the time "What? No"
Blair "WMD, Axis of Evil, Sept 11th"
Everybody else at the time "What? Iraq had nothing to do with Sept 11th, 9 of the 11 hijackers were Saudi, what are you talking about?"
Blair "WMD, death, fear, attacking us"
Everybody else at the time "He doesn't have WMD, and those he might do came from us"
Blair "War."
Everybody else at the time "What? What are you doing? This is illegal, surely?"
Blair "Justice, democracy"
Everybody else at the time "What? You said it was about us being in proximity to being attacked, not liberating Iraqis"
Blair "Freedom, democracy, justice, liberty, terrorism"
Everybody else at the time "WHAT? This was never about freedom, you said yourself that regime change was not the overiding goal, it was about us being attacked. Why are you changing your story? There never were terrorists before, you created this hotspot to justify invading a place that was never a threat in any capacity, simply repeating your mantra of democracy to prop up what is increasingly apparant as a flawed invasion on possibly knowingly false info, even the CIA says so"
Blair "Terrorism, helping Iraqis, kidnappings, beheadings, justice"
Everybody Else "These evils exist because you created them with your phony 'war' on a previously encouraged dictator because Bush says to. This is lies and misinformation, but if you take a step back it's so glaringly obvious to see if you can detach yourself from the hype and media brainwash"

-----

It looks complicated from inside, but take a step back and you free yourself from the window dressing of who-said-what and who-kills-who.
Apply Occam's Razor and you'll see Blair looking angry because Bush bullied him into a phony landgrab and he can't possibly admit he was wrong without looking stupid and weak.
It's Belldandy on a global scale.
Wed 20/10/04 at 19:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Isn't it true that if you apologise for something you admit liability in the eyes of the law? If so don't expect Blair to apologise for anything anytime soon. Not that it makes much difference anyway, oh Blair's said sorry let's forget about all the people killed in this unjust war.
Wed 20/10/04 at 17:07
Regular
I've just set it to record and put it on system link.

It's at 21:00 and not 22:00 though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.