GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Troy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
Not bad. It's a bit drawn out in parts.

Is it me or did they rip off lines from Gladiator? There were a few occasions when I thought "Old' on me lad, am I watching Gladiator or Troy?"

The Hulk was quite good in it, though the lack oh "HULK SMAAAASH!" was dissapointing.

Legolas was a big poofy girl in it, as usual. He just looks silly with those curly locks too.

Brad Pitt was naked. Alot. So not complaining there.

Sharpe was good, he's gotten well old since doing LotR. You could alost see the lightbulb pop above his head when he came up with the Trojan Horse.

The CGI was p***-poor in loads of scenes.
Oh and the Acillies heel bit..was crap. It was like the directors were all "Oh crap we have to kill off Brad Pitt with only 3 minutes of the movie left..."
"Oh I know! Let's have Legolas kill him with his bow and arrow!!"
"HIGH FIVE!"

All in all not bad.
6/10
Tue 19/10/04 at 20:02
Regular
Not bad. It's a bit drawn out in parts.

Is it me or did they rip off lines from Gladiator? There were a few occasions when I thought "Old' on me lad, am I watching Gladiator or Troy?"

The Hulk was quite good in it, though the lack oh "HULK SMAAAASH!" was dissapointing.

Legolas was a big poofy girl in it, as usual. He just looks silly with those curly locks too.

Brad Pitt was naked. Alot. So not complaining there.

Sharpe was good, he's gotten well old since doing LotR. You could alost see the lightbulb pop above his head when he came up with the Trojan Horse.

The CGI was p***-poor in loads of scenes.
Oh and the Acillies heel bit..was crap. It was like the directors were all "Oh crap we have to kill off Brad Pitt with only 3 minutes of the movie left..."
"Oh I know! Let's have Legolas kill him with his bow and arrow!!"
"HIGH FIVE!"

All in all not bad.
6/10
Tue 19/10/04 at 22:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
I agree about the last bit. But hes famous for having his heel as a weakness, they just thought carelessly. I thought Paris was the worst person that could of killed him to be honest. After killing Boagrius ( the huge guy at the start) then Hector, the best warrior in Troy. how could Paris kill him? That bit was a mistake, he said he would fight to the death at the gates but then bottled it.

Overall it was long in bits but there were a few moments that stood out:

> The fight at the start where you'r expecting a big battle between the two which ends with one swipe.
> The beach assault where he takes the beach of Troy with 100 men and uses the spear to great affect.
> The Battle at the walls, where the Trojans are victorious.
> Hector and Achilles at the walls, by far the greatest scene.
> The wooden horse which was famous made an appearance

Overall it was a bit long in bits but very good and enjoyable.
Wed 20/10/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Snake Eater"
I had to see Troy twice, the first time i was bored to hell but there one good thing, Orlando Bloom got the kak beaten outta him! But it was a truely bad film
Thu 21/10/04 at 10:23
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Squall wrote:
> I agree about the last bit. But hes famous for having his heel as a
> weakness, they just thought carelessly. I thought Paris was the worst
> person that could of killed him to be honest. After killing Boagrius
> ( the huge guy at the start) then Hector, the best warrior in Troy.
> how could Paris kill him? That bit was a mistake, he said he would
> fight to the death at the gates but then bottled it.

Paris had to kill him, that's how the myth goes. Although, that said, they changed so much it was hardly anything like The Iliad at all.

I forget his name, but Achillies friend should not have been his cousin, it should have been his gay lover. That change is insulting - just shows how much of a taboo homosexuality still is in some supposedly tolerant countries.
Thu 21/10/04 at 11:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Not neccessarily taboo as in total ignorance, just not good form for superstar actors and their images. And the story for millions of ignorant people, yes.
Thu 21/10/04 at 11:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cyclone wrote:
> Not neccessarily taboo as in total ignorance, just not good form for
> superstar actors and their images. And the story for millions of
> ignorant people, yes.

Lets see what happens in Oliver Stone's Alexander The Great. Alexander was a well known bisexual, and would nail anthing with a pulse.
Thu 21/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jared Leto plays his gay lover, Stone isn't shying away from that.
Apparently Val Kilmer fatted up and is, surprisingly, rather good in it.
Looking forward to this one, but shall bypass Troy wholeheartedly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.