GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unfair decision"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Misunderestimated"
Does anyone else besides Forest Fan (He wrote this), think this should have won.

So, I take it you’ve all played Smackdown? And all loved every bone crunching, oiled up – fancy looking moment of it. Let me set the record straight. Def Jam is to Smackdown, what America’s John Kerry is to George Bush. Only more different.

For those who praise the urban lifestyle and the territory that comes with it, Def Jam is the perfect role playing title as you put yourself in the hands of a New York brawler. The ‘moves’ in the game are as basic as you like, with energy fuelled fights the backbone to the game’s engine. It’s fast, brass and at times cruel but that’s the name of the game, so to truly fufill your Def Jam experience – you’ll have to learn how to master this type of fighting. Of course it’s not all fisticuffs, with ultra egos and taunts an integral part of the bout. But what the game lacks in tactical expertise, it makes up for in cold-blooded, ruthless and downright realistic sadistic combat.

Just picture being in the movie Fight Club – and you have Def Jam sussed to a tee. It’s effectively round after round of no hols barred; anything goes mayhem with the one simple objective of winning. There are no gimmicky rewards for victory either, just the satisfaction of denigrating your fellow competitor. It makes for fascinating gaming and if you have a friend, you want to do the once over on – it’s the perfect opportunity to see who has the measure of who. It’s hard to find a patch on EA here. They’ve created the kind of ruggedness here that sets the game off perfectly when matched with the uncomplex and effective gameplay. With little to go against it here, there’s little to criticize and that means there’s little reason not to go for it – if it’s your kind of thing of course.

The bottom line is here – if this is what excites your gaming hands, then the decision is hardly rocket science! You know what to do, if you so choose to do so...

There are tons of better ones written this day, (Maybe not mine), but others.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:14
Regular
"Misunderestimated"
Does anyone else besides Forest Fan (He wrote this), think this should have won.

So, I take it you’ve all played Smackdown? And all loved every bone crunching, oiled up – fancy looking moment of it. Let me set the record straight. Def Jam is to Smackdown, what America’s John Kerry is to George Bush. Only more different.

For those who praise the urban lifestyle and the territory that comes with it, Def Jam is the perfect role playing title as you put yourself in the hands of a New York brawler. The ‘moves’ in the game are as basic as you like, with energy fuelled fights the backbone to the game’s engine. It’s fast, brass and at times cruel but that’s the name of the game, so to truly fufill your Def Jam experience – you’ll have to learn how to master this type of fighting. Of course it’s not all fisticuffs, with ultra egos and taunts an integral part of the bout. But what the game lacks in tactical expertise, it makes up for in cold-blooded, ruthless and downright realistic sadistic combat.

Just picture being in the movie Fight Club – and you have Def Jam sussed to a tee. It’s effectively round after round of no hols barred; anything goes mayhem with the one simple objective of winning. There are no gimmicky rewards for victory either, just the satisfaction of denigrating your fellow competitor. It makes for fascinating gaming and if you have a friend, you want to do the once over on – it’s the perfect opportunity to see who has the measure of who. It’s hard to find a patch on EA here. They’ve created the kind of ruggedness here that sets the game off perfectly when matched with the uncomplex and effective gameplay. With little to go against it here, there’s little to criticize and that means there’s little reason not to go for it – if it’s your kind of thing of course.

The bottom line is here – if this is what excites your gaming hands, then the decision is hardly rocket science! You know what to do, if you so choose to do so...

There are tons of better ones written this day, (Maybe not mine), but others.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:15
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Leave him alone.

Jon rules.

RULES!
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Misunderestimated"
I don't know him, maybe he's cool, but he stole my prize.
(Odds are I wouldn't have won anyway and would be **tching to whoever did, but since Jon did, I **tch at him.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:21
Regular
Shut up moaning you ladyboy
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Misunderestimated"
Does that even make sense?
No. No it doesn't.
It's one thing to be 21 and like Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Star Trek II: The Wrath of KHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNN, but you shouldn't tell everybody that comes to this site.

Forgot to add, those movies are under his profile. (For the idiots that didn't know).
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
dckdck42069 wrote:
> Forgot to add, those movies are under his profile.

He is a she.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:31
Regular
"Misunderestimated"
Well next time indicate you gender.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It spoils the fun.
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
It's hardly the worst review to have ever won GAD though, is it?
Tue 19/10/04 at 19:34
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
dckdck42069 wrote:
> Does that even make sense?
> No. No it doesn't.
> It's one thing to be 21 and like Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones,
> Star Wars, Back to the Future, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Star
> Trek II: The Wrath of KHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNN, but you shouldn't
> tell everybody that comes to this site.
>
> Forgot to add, those movies are under his profile. (For the idiots
> that didn't know).

Go suck a lemon and try again, simple as that.

And as for liking Lord of the Rings, Back to the Future and stuff - I'm 23 and also like that sorta stuff.

Coming from someone whose favourite albums are all Eminem (who I tolerate but dont really like)...that's pretty rich =P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.