GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"USB Digital Camera Prob - Mass Storage Devices"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/10/04 at 11:32
"Uzi Lover"
Maybe someone could help with this.

We have a Digital Camera which is USB compatible. The Camera has come with a driver CD etc.

However, when the CD is loaded on my PC the language selection box appears to start the program on the CD and that is it. Nothing after that. If I try to run the CD again...nothing. Would have to restart to get the language selection up which goes nowhere.

However, I don't think the contents on the CD are needed. The manual suggests that anything over Windows 98 does not needed anything installed from the CD, as Windows above 98 already have Mass Storage devices installed. This may be confirmed when I try to install drivers by exploring the CD. It tells me they are not needed.

The idea is plug in the cam to the PC, PC should reconsige the Camera as a removable disk when plugged into the USB port as a mass storage device and there you go. However, when plugged in the Camera light comes on as if it is connected but there is no sign of a removeable disk and no sign that the PC knows the Camera is there.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Sun 17/10/04 at 17:41
Regular
Yep. Know how they have ridges and the little arrow showing which way it should go in? Well, one day I stuck it in and it did everything MWA described - light turned on but XP wouldnt recognise the mass storage thing.

SO, flipped it the other way round and bam... it worked.
Sun 17/10/04 at 17:09
Regular
You must have some kind of spasticated USB then.
Sun 17/10/04 at 15:49
Regular
Works for me, nerd.
Sun 17/10/04 at 14:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yes, that is stupid.
Sun 17/10/04 at 14:09
Regular
Know it sounds funny but, the side of the usb you plug into the camera... try turning it the other way.
Sun 17/10/04 at 12:56
"Uzi Lover"
Yep I'm running XP Pro.

Just tried on too other PC's loaded with XP Home and it picked up the device right away.

Therefore, I conlude, it is my dodgy PC.

It picks up my iPod as removable drive, but I suppose that firewire connection.
Sun 17/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm, what cammera is it?

Also, you running XP?
Sun 17/10/04 at 11:52
"Uzi Lover"
I wrote in my post that I had explored the CD and trie dto get the drivers that way, but it wouldn't install anything because I didn't need them.

I have been looking in My Computer for the Camera as a removeable disk.

Any more suggestions?
Sun 17/10/04 at 11:32
"Uzi Lover"
Maybe someone could help with this.

We have a Digital Camera which is USB compatible. The Camera has come with a driver CD etc.

However, when the CD is loaded on my PC the language selection box appears to start the program on the CD and that is it. Nothing after that. If I try to run the CD again...nothing. Would have to restart to get the language selection up which goes nowhere.

However, I don't think the contents on the CD are needed. The manual suggests that anything over Windows 98 does not needed anything installed from the CD, as Windows above 98 already have Mass Storage devices installed. This may be confirmed when I try to install drivers by exploring the CD. It tells me they are not needed.

The idea is plug in the cam to the PC, PC should reconsige the Camera as a removable disk when plugged into the USB port as a mass storage device and there you go. However, when plugged in the Camera light comes on as if it is connected but there is no sign of a removeable disk and no sign that the PC knows the Camera is there.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.