GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Punisher demo..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Punisher'.
Thu 06/01/05 at 15:51
Regular
Yeah I enjoyed it.

Fairly short in terms of the length, a direct rip from Dead to Rights only with more polish, better visuals and an arguably better story line (if you have seen the film). Controls are easy to pick up, completely customisable, the weaponry on offer is well worth a mention, the character and weapon animations are surprisingly top-notch and although it doesn't come close to capturing the feel of Max Payne I can see it being an addictive little b**tard. Not sure if I am going to rush out and grab it on release but it is certainly one I will pick up soon after.

Worth a download if you have Broadband though.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:07
Regular
"8==="
cipro wrote:
>
> Of course it's a demo so I don't know if it'll improve in the final
> version, but it'll remain a budget purchase for now unless it's
> released on a particular quite week of gaming.

My thoughts exactly.
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:03
Regular
"8==="
Thought you'd like it.

It's like sounds like Max Payne: Extreme Edition (if there were such a thing)
Mon 31/01/05 at 21:00
Regular
I have fallen in love with this game.

I can't quite put my finger on the sheer brilliance of it but as with Manhunt I just can't help but love what is on offer. At first it was okay, nothing special, not at least until I spent a couple of hours getting into it.

The special kills, quick kills, interrogations, weapons, dual Shotgun/M16-A2 wielding owns and it just feels so fricking stylish to play. Nothing comes close to interrogating a terrorist who breaks down and begs you not to kill him only to feed him through a wood-chipper.

The score system is so damn addictive and unlike a lot of games where you can take people hostage only to take damage, it doesn't work like this. As long as you don't take damage your score multiplies with special kills, interrogation etc. Such a f**king sweet game.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Not bad, fairly enjoyable but going back to Max Payne a minute, I was left feeling that the interagation system would have worked better in that game seeing as it handled the action sequences far better than in this demo.

Of course it's a demo so I don't know if it'll improve in the final version, but it'll remain a budget purchase for now unless it's released on a particular quite week of gaming.

Still, that one level demo was not as bad as that two hour long movie.
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
crossbob wrote:
> is it like manhunt?
Sat 08/01/05 at 19:53
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I quite enjoyed it. Would of been better if it was just a tad longer, just to let me see some more of those smart kills like the piranha tank, and knifing on that concrete block type thing.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:04
Regular
"Catch it!"
is it like manhunt?
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:44
Regular
"That's right!"
I hated it. Seemed like a bad version of Max Payne, minus bullet time.
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:35
Regular
Gamespy, 3DGamers, official site. Just search google, it is everywhere.
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:24
Regular
"hulagadoo"
where did you get it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.