GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHY WON'T MY PS1 GAMES WORK ON A PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 17:00
Regular
" PS1 GAMES ON A PS2"
Hi Guys, I need some advice before I make a big mistake and ditch all my PS1 games.I've just purchased a new (small) PS2 after being told I could still play my old PS1 games on it and none of them work.I just get the message "NO DATA!" or something similar anyway.I was hoping to still be able to use my Namco G-CON45 gun as well for Time crisis, Point blank as well as a few old school driving games.However I've tried all my old games from Doom to V-rally and none of the buggers work.Do the PS1 games only work on the original PS2 consoles and not the small versions? Any help you guys can offer would be great.
Sat 22/01/05 at 20:27
"\(^_-)/ yea i win"
if you have your old ps 2 they work
Mon 17/01/05 at 10:30
Regular
"i own groovy land"
mabe your ps1 games are scrached.......:)
Mon 17/01/05 at 08:45
Regular
"8==="
Get a PS1 off ebay for 14-20 quid.
Mon 10/01/05 at 08:10
Regular
"Bicycle"
Duh.

My 'old-skool' PS2 still works fine with FFVII, VIII and IX, aswell as Abe's Oddessey.

No other games are decent enough for me..
Sun 09/01/05 at 14:22
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Your ps2 is broken so it wont play ps1 games for some reasons.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:30
Regular
" PS1 GAMES ON A PS2"
Cheers for the help guys.I'm off to "ARGOOSE" in the morning for a replacement console.Hopefully that'll do the trick!
Fri 07/01/05 at 13:20
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Your PS2 is broke mate, this particular problem affects both the old and slim PS2. I had the same problem so I got it replaced and it works fine now.
Fri 07/01/05 at 09:30
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Interesting problem, my old ps2 plays every ps1 game i have (including all FF titles) no problems, the only game it can't play is the special missions from MGS, or play time crisis 1, with a light gun. So that may solve your point blank problem, but those other games should be fine if they ain't scratched.
Thu 06/01/05 at 23:03
Regular
" PS1 GAMES ON A PS2"
No, I tried them all 2 days ago before listing the PS1 and the games I wanted to sell on ebay!
Thu 06/01/05 at 23:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
maybe your PS discs are scratched up too bad to work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.