GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Possibly the greatest ever PC?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/10/04 at 13:33
"Was the man of marz"
I know its against the rules to post about 'the competition', but I have to share this multimedia PC I've just found with somebody otherwise I am going to cry!

Specification
Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system
Intel Pentium4 3.0Ghz Processor, 800MHz Front Side Bus
512MB DDR-RAM (400MHz)
160GB hard disk drive 7200rpm (Seagate)
DVD-ReWriter 4xDVD-R/2xDVD-RW, 4xDVD+R/2.4xDVD+RW, 16xCD- R/10xCD-RW (Pioneer DVR-106DB)
16x DVD-ROM
ATi Radeon 9800XL graphics card with 128MB DDR-RAM
PCI 56K V.90 Modem
6 Channel Audio on board with optical digital sound output/input (S/PDIF)
10/100MBit LAN port on board
IEEE1394 FireWire on board
Stereo TV Tuner Radio combi. card
Multifunction Remote Control
Wireless USB Wheel Mouse incl. Mousepad
Wireless USB Multimedia Keyboard

ConnectXL-the access module on the front, includes the following interfaces:
1 FireWire, 1 Composite Video In, 1 S-Video In, 1 Audio In, 1 Microphone In, 1 Headphone, 3 USB 2.0, 1 Gameport.
Integrated Flashcard Reader for:
IBM-Microdrive
Compact Flash Card
Memory Stick
MultiMedia Card
Smart Media Card
SD Card

Total connections
7 Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0 - 3 front, 4 back)
1 S-Video In, 1 Composite Video In
1 Audio In
1 Microphone In
1 Line In, 1 Line Out, 1 Front / Rear Out
1 Subwoofer / Centre Speaker Out
1 SPDIF Optical in, 1 SPDIF Optical out
1 9 pin serial, 2 PS/2 (mouse/keyboard), 1 Parallel port
1 LAN port (RJ45)
1 Modem port (RJ11)
2 FireWire (IEEE 1394 - 1 front, 1 back)

Software included
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home (OEM recovery version on CD-ROM)
Microsoft WorksSuite2004 (OEM Version with DVD-ROM)
Medion Home Cinema XL (OEM Version)
Nero Burning ROM 6 (OEM Version)

With a 12 month warrenty all this is just
£649.00

Now slap me with a sponge and call me britney
Fri 15/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> A high quality monitor costs more than £60. All we are saying is
> that it isn't exactly the mutts nuts, and you would do well to shop
> around. But hey, that's only a professional opinion.

It's an okay machine, quality monitors costs far more than £60, I think in this package there's a lot of stuff that you don't really need. I don't think I would go for the wireless mouse and keyboard, do many people even use them? Optical mouse yeah. Also like I mentioned before why the 3 DVD drives? Arent the writers capable of playing DVDs so why the 16x and arent there drives that burn both +/- DVD-R/RW? 512MB ram is pretty small, though I believe one time Biggles over half a year ago you said 1GB would be well maybe not too much but far more than you need, these days a lot of people are going with that.

I've gone off PCs off the shelf, espcially the new one my brother got, sure it's great and it was cheap but it had so many things he doesnt need but lots of things he does need. Nice monitor though bigger than mine, can't believe I'm still using this 14" it just seemed reliable and I didn't fancy spending a few hundred on a monitor I would only use for a short while before getting something really impressive.
Fri 15/10/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
Have any of you seen that supercomputer called the Mach something?

i get it as a pop up sometimes, for a competition to win it. its a super fast CPU sealed in a refrigator system so it can be overclocked immensly. and has god knows how much ram yada yada yada
Fri 15/10/04 at 17:18
"I love yo... lamp."
A high quality monitor costs more than £60. All we are saying is that it isn't exactly the mutts nuts, and you would do well to shop around. But hey, that's only a professional opinion.
Fri 15/10/04 at 16:22
"Was the man of marz"
MJ wrote:
"you're going to be shelling out quite a few more notes for a high quality monitor"

All £60 quid yeah?

Sorry you guys don't share my enthusiasm, I guess the title for this came out of excitement. I still think that a computer with this spec is well worth £649
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:56
Regular
Then you realise the price doesnt include a monitor and it doesn't seem as good :P I mean fair enough its a nice spec machine for the price, but if its not replacing an older rig then you're going to be shelling out quite a few more notes for a high quality monitor.
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Bearer of Death"
*slaps you with sponge* Hi britany
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:26
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
It would be the best PC maybe with an AMD processor, 1GB Ram, and an audigy Soundcard.

EDIT- just seen the price... lgghfghjkl... oops, my jaw just dropped onto the keyboard!!!!
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:25
Regular
maybe it's because it had 4 CD&DVD drives, who needs that many?
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:24
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Intel Pwns
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:15
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
AMD rocks!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.