GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Router Help!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/01/05 at 21:55
Regular
"Believe"
okay i got a new PC today right and i want internet on it.
i got a computer down stairs with internet and a computer
upstairs without. My xbox is next to the one upstairs and im wondering if i could get a wireless router to have internet upstairs but then could i connect a wire or something from that one straight to my xbox.

Would it work
Please help because i dont want to get aload of wires up there
Cheers
Thu 06/01/05 at 23:12
Regular
I'm guessing your connection is broadband else you wouldn't be thinking about the Xbox.

Anysway, I've got a ADSL connection using a router. The router plugs into the main PC using the USB connection, and connects to a wireless transmitter that our laptops access it by and it works a treat.

Not as fast as wired, but at 10Mb/s it's still about 20 times faster than the average broadband connection so clearly fast enough.
Then you can just get a wireless thingamy for your PC and your Xbox.
Infact, once you've got a router connecting you to the internet, you won't need to have a PC on, just connect a device to your Xbox allowing it to connect to the router and you're good to go Live. :-)
Thu 06/01/05 at 22:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That would work.
Thu 06/01/05 at 21:55
Regular
"Believe"
okay i got a new PC today right and i want internet on it.
i got a computer down stairs with internet and a computer
upstairs without. My xbox is next to the one upstairs and im wondering if i could get a wireless router to have internet upstairs but then could i connect a wire or something from that one straight to my xbox.

Would it work
Please help because i dont want to get aload of wires up there
Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.