GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube specs"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 18:22
Regular
Right, I'm sick of this "Gamecube is better than PS2" lark. The fact is, the both weigh in about the same. GC processes about 6 - 12 million polys/sec during an actual game, and the PS2 clocks around 15.

What someone should do, is run a complex multi-format graphics program (5 million polys, full-screen anti-aliasing, physics model and some music) and compare max framerates, like they doo with PCs.
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:22
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Right, I'm sick of this "Gamecube is better than PS2" lark. The fact is, the both weigh in about the same. GC processes about 6 - 12 million polys/sec during an actual game, and the PS2 clocks around 15.

What someone should do, is run a complex multi-format graphics program (5 million polys, full-screen anti-aliasing, physics model and some music) and compare max framerates, like they doo with PCs.
Mon 07/05/01 at 20:32
"High polygon count"
Turbo, I've appreciate most of your posts, but - with the greatest respect - please confine anything relating to "Console Wars" to the Console Wars forum.

99% of us in this forum own a PS2; we know what it can do, that's why we bought one - and we don't need convincing!

Apart from that, console wars are irrelevant - whichever machine is "the best" will soon be surpassed by something else. It's just not worth the typing required to argue about it!

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> Turbo, I've appreciate most of your posts, but - with the greatest
> respect - please confine anything relating to "Console
> Wars" to the Console Wars forum.

99% of us in this forum own
> a PS2; we know what it can do, that's why we bought one - and we
> don't need convincing!

Apart from that, console wars are
> irrelevant - whichever machine is "the best" will soon be
> surpassed by something else. It's just not worth the typing
> required to argue about it!

> Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Sorry.

I didn't actually know there was a "console wars" forum. And, I always have a browser open on the PS" and FOG foruums, and this got posted in the wrong one.

Soz!
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:20
Regular
"Back For Good"
I don't know how people can compare the gamecube with the Playstation 2 because first off the gamecube is for little kids like the 64 with some little furry skunk or dinosaur running around in some colourful land and clouds collecting coins.the gamecube will be the same just slighly better graphics.The playstation 2 is for us advanced gamers who play GOOD games with keyboards,mice and other groovy gizmo's and if we wana jump around like the 64 we have a few simmilar games just incase.
also N64 owners never say how good the games are,how cheap they are or how they last or any of that,They just say "graphics" well PS1 games on a PS2 look far better than the 64 and now they see how fantastic they really are where as the 64 owners are pretty ashamed that they paid £50 for games where as the dodgy pirate discs cost people about 50p but the games in shops were only £10.rip furballs
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:23
"High polygon count"
Oh please. Enough of this nonsense.
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:28
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Trust me. Don't dig the "nintendo is for kids" hole. You'll just get buried in it.

I only just managed to get out, but at the sacrifice of my good name.

Now no one reads my posts. (Boo hoo sniff)
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:29
"High polygon count"
I do.
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:33
It is Yamauchi(SP?) that will need the best specs if he doesn't get this one right. Regardless of specs the Gamecube really needs to show off at E3. Nintendo have the Hype, the Floorspace and the people to make history, but it could all be down to one man...Mr. Yamauchi.

I really like Nintendo, okay so I am no gaming oracle like, but I know what fun is and I know what gaming is and the two mix very well. I think Nintendo have all the franchises to take them to the top, they need to offer something that the other companies can't offer, and I think they'll do it.

Mario
Low Console Price
Zelda
New Technology in Peripherals...Wonderbird?!

Everything about the Gamecube, except maybe the shape, could be all any gamer really needs. Okay so There will be no Metal Gear 2, but with Turok, Rogue Squadron (?) and Too Human, not forgetting Metroid and Perfect dark 2, what makes you think that people will but the PS2 for one adult game when they could have 4 that have the chance and programmers to break their own ground!

Nintendo are in one of the best positions ever!

Anyway, like I said I don't know much. The only reason I go on about all this is because my brother loves gaming.

Anyway, time to go, but remember what I said, It isn't about specs, it isn't about price, its about release dates and games....nuff said...

Anyways, Cya later.

KATE
XXXX
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:35
"High polygon count"
Kazunori Yamauchi is the 'father' of PlayStation, not GameCube.

Sorry this is brief, but I'm at work and it's time to leave! Woohoo! Will check back when I get home...
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> I do.

Cheers man. It means a lot to me.

I think I'm, I'm, I'M GONNA CRY )sniff sniff)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.