GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Silly Little Becks"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 11:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So our beloved captain David Beckham has told everyone that he got his yellow card on purpose and then had the nerve to think he's smart for doing so. No David you're still the over-hyped stupid piece of trash you were before the Wales game, only now you've added even more ammo into the already large gun pointed at your head.

You don't come out and bloody admit you intentionally got yourself booked, that is not smart despite what you think. Plus who's to say you would have got yourself booked? With the rugby tackle hit you put on Thatcher you were lucky to stay on the field at all, thus selfishly reducing England's chances of winning the game if they only had 10 men on the field. Not to mention the injuries you could have caused him. Oh you're injured so it's alright to get booked by clattering into someone and trying to injure them as well. Pillock

yet i doubt Sven will strip him of the armband

ah good old Becks, don't you just love the muppet?
Thu 14/10/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
There was some sense in what Beckham did- instead of risking getting another booking later on in the campaign and missing out on an important game, he made sure he would be banned and injured for the same game. It goes against the spirit of the game, and is taking advantage of the rules, but he was making sure that England did not go without their captain for two games.

Fair enough, he's been pretty off-form in recent months, but his goal against Wales proved he still has his skill and innovation, although not quite as majestic as his 50-yard strike against Wimbledon back in August 1996. Worse still would be both Beckham and Owen unavailable; neither are are en bonne forme for club, but for country they are at the moment closer to excelling. This may have been a very silly situation, but Beckham was thinking on the spot- something he should have done against Argentina in France '98...
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Meka Dragon wrote:

> It was a nothing challenge.

Maybe in rugby yes, however this is football. You at least attempt to get the ball and usually with your feet, Becks did none of those two.

> Admittedly he probably should have done something different like
> booting the ball away, but still, he was going to miss the game
> anyway, why not get the booking out of the way?

Maybe so but don't admit you deliberatly got booked, that's just stupidity on a whole new level

> It's easy to say he hasn't played well in the last couple of years,
> but funnily enough he still got his fair share of goals during the
> qualifying campaign for the Euro's

Yup scoring against them European minnows is a tough task.

> - and maybe had the press not been
> all over him in the months before them he would have performed there
> too.

So it's the media's fault Becks has choked harder then Latrell Spreewell's coach in the last 3 major tournaments? He's meant to be one of the world's top talents he should be able to handle the pressure. If not why is he there?
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:43
Regular
"not dead"
There has been such an over-reaction to this. It's such a common thing for players to deliberately get booked to miss small matches in group competitions. Last year (or the one before) in the commentary of the Champions League group matches it was suggested by a Mr Ron Atkinson (pre-sacking) that a Man Utd player should get himself booked to miss an apparently easy game. You see it all the time.

The press are over-reacting because Beckham chose a paper other than their own to reveal the truth in. It was a nothing challenge. Admittedly he probably should have done something different like booting the ball away, but still, he was going to miss the game anyway, why not get the booking out of the way?

It's easy to say he hasn't played well in the last couple of years, but funnily enough he still got his fair share of goals during the qualifying campaign for the Euro's - and maybe had the press not been all over him in the months before them he would have performed there too.
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:47
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
Sven wont get rid of becks cause its clear that Sven works for becks.
Do we really want a captin that blames everything on injuries??Take euro 2004. Before it started he told everyone he was 100% after we get knocked out...well i was about 50% going into this.....blah blah blah. Becks no one wants you anymore!
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Every important game? There's Greece, that horribly hit lucky penalty that went in against the Argies and ..........ermmm..........anyone? :-D

Shut up Warnock and keep taking your pills lad
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:43
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Neil Warnock. As much as I loved him for biting-back against the referees last season, I read this in his BBC Sport column and now had to think again...

"He led from the front and every important game that we have needed him he has been there."

It's about David Beckham and, clearly, Neil Warnock has been watching an entirely different England team to the ones we've seen.

(Either that, or he's been watching re-runs of the Greece game, three-years-ago)

:P

Eriksson's also still saying he "could take action", even if it's out of FIFA's hands and the FA won't either (at least, until Sepp Blatter meets with Geoff Thompson this week...).

I can't see the Swede doing more than giving him one up the rear-end, however...!

:P
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Phew! I was just about to post something on this! :)

I don't buy Beckham's latest story, either. The guy's so full of so much crap... It's unbelievable!

When he plays badly, he says it's because of was "injured" or something - which begs the question of whether he should've been there in the first-place.

And now, this...

I agree, David, you did deliberatley FOUL Ben Thatcher. But, no. There is absolutely no way you 'intentionally' got yourself a yellow card!
You're not smart. Your wife writes it all down for you. If this was true, then why the heck did it take you three-whole-days for you to come up with it!?

It's not like people were gonna hate him anymore because of it. What's likely to happen now is, as I said to someone after the match, he will live on the one, outstading goal for the next two-years at least. That's David Beckham, today. He doesn't have to do more than to turn-out on the pitch to win most fans' and the media's appraisals now.

And it wasn't until the challenge that you hurt your "ribs" anyway, you big poof! The cameras clearly show it. You gow clutching to the floor AFTER the challenge.

You could so-easily have been red-carded, too. Had the referee seen that incredibley CAMP "hard-mans's" nudge on the Welsh bloke when you walked-away from the fuss, that could've been it - let alone the other lunge!

You're not Vinny Jones. You're not Roy Keane. You're not even little Dennis Wise!

I hope England excel without you, tonight! :P
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So our beloved captain David Beckham has told everyone that he got his yellow card on purpose and then had the nerve to think he's smart for doing so. No David you're still the over-hyped stupid piece of trash you were before the Wales game, only now you've added even more ammo into the already large gun pointed at your head.

You don't come out and bloody admit you intentionally got yourself booked, that is not smart despite what you think. Plus who's to say you would have got yourself booked? With the rugby tackle hit you put on Thatcher you were lucky to stay on the field at all, thus selfishly reducing England's chances of winning the game if they only had 10 men on the field. Not to mention the injuries you could have caused him. Oh you're injured so it's alright to get booked by clattering into someone and trying to injure them as well. Pillock

yet i doubt Sven will strip him of the armband

ah good old Becks, don't you just love the muppet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.