GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tonight I rammed..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 00:04
Regular
I went to Hull fair tonight and on the dodgems (where you crash into each other) I rammed them all in the ass with my mini car.

Twas good fun, especially these 2 chavs that got in the car infront of me, I rammed one of them so hard he nearly sprained his neck.
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I was just wondering if you knocked their fake burberry baseball caps off? If you did you could have run it over. Now that would have been amusing!
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Flock wrote:
"...the guy in charge telling us not to ram each other before he started the machine..."
-----

Yeah, when I went on one down in Butlins a few years back they were telling us the exact same thing. Dead serious they were, too. Raised voices and everything! :o

If you hit someone, they had a go at you while it was still going on.

Heh, a lot of people were just driving around being as careful as possible to not hit each other... :S

Believe me; you really didn't want to hit anyone!
The seat-belts were terribley unsafe. A "one-size fits all" kind that could neither be tightened or enlarged.
For those of us little Year 7s, it was almost a choking experience on-impact, to say the least! :S
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:36
Regular
I hate the guy who invented dodgems. They used to be known as bumper cars everywhere until they realised this was dangerous and damaged their vehicles. Therefore some reject decided to call them dodgems and the new idea was to miss the other people. How pathetic.
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:18
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
There isn't one... hence, ignore them.

HEAD ON BABY!!!
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Haven't been on them for maybe 5 or 6 years, i've got this vague memory of the guy in charge telling us not to ram each other before he started the machine, everyone ignored him and by everyone i mean me and my sister, i think everyone else took notice which seemed a little pointless, whats the point of the bumper cars if you're not allowed to inflict some minor bodily harm on people ?
Wed 13/10/04 at 11:06
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
Solskjær wrote:
> Would it really be that
> awkward to put in a reverse and forward gear, instead of changing
> gear by which-way and how-far you turn the wheel?

In a word. yes. If they put it on the side, u'd keep whacking ur knees/crushing ur hands, and down the middle... well, i'm sure u can imagine
Wed 13/10/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I went on one of these at Universal Studios in Spain, and we kept going back again and again. :)

I hate the steering wheels at times, though. Would it really be that awkward to put in a reverse and forward gear, instead of changing gear by which-way and how-far you turn the wheel?

When you suddenly see someone passing your side in a great "ramming" position, you turn rapidly towards him and, suddenly, you've stopped and you going back in reverse... BANG!

Then again, I don't think they're all like this...?

And the Spanish seem to drive far better on these things than do do on any road, from what I saw! ;)
Wed 13/10/04 at 10:37
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
I was on the dodgems once and someone kncicked the hat that I was wearing

Too many pikies around for myh liking
Wed 13/10/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
This one time at Chessington I went on Roger the Dodgers' Dogems and we were all driving around and someone went head on into my causing the safety bar to whack me in the face and everyone laughed because it was well funny.

It hurt like hell.
Wed 13/10/04 at 10:19
Regular
Yes, ram Jonathan instead

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.