GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timezone thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 18:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Personally I don't fancy getting up in the dark for about half the year so some of yon folk in Lundun town can have a few lighter nights.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:43
Regular
No, it does go back to do with farmers.
SOmething to do with bad milk if they're milked in teh dark or something stupid like that.
Can't quite remember though.
But all they have to do is milk cows an hour later.
No?

Clcoks going back = great, as it's dark when you wake up in the morning, so your eyes don't burn. BURN!!

Also, if the clocks go back, that means that 7 o'clock on clocked back time would be 8 o'clock regular time, so really, it means it gets lighter earlier.

Darkness rocks.
Especially in winter.
I mean, snowball fights suck when it's bright and sunny, but in the dark under street lamps, it's colder and everything.

Night rocks.
So does cold, as it kills beasties.
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Excellent, i prize that extra hour.
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:14
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The clocks go back two weeks on saturday, according to my dad. The last saturday in October.
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Don't the clocks go back fairly soon?
Wed 13/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I personally dont mind the clocks going back as you get an extra hour in bed. However i hate it when you put them forward and lose a hour
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:08
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
lol..I read this topic..and I was like "OH NO..THEYRE CHANGING THE TIMEZONES!!..." It does seem pointless. The shift isnt even synchronised with the US..they do it a week later. Its confusing and annoying and ..not needed at all. Its not going to change the ammount of light we get.
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:07
Regular
"That's right!"
I was told it was for the farmers. Meh, doesn't bother me.

One time I didn't put the extra hour on my digital watch (hey, I was only about 9 or 10 at the time) and got so used to just looking at my watch and adding the hour on in my head that so much time went by that the clocks went back and my watch went back to being right. I was a lazy child.
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:14
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree

It seems pointless
Wed 13/10/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's stupid.

You're part of the UK, so why should you be different to England?

Fair enough, we're all part of Europe, but things are fine just the way they already and currently are.
Wed 13/10/04 at 09:28
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Edgy wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, this change in time was only created to make the
> shorter days seem longer in the World Wars due to the blackouts.
>
> It's an ancient tradition that is no longer needed.

I always thought it was for the farmers, or something like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.