GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Of The Year?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 14:48
Regular
Recently looking at the Gameaday winners list, I noticed that a very wise gamer had chosen Max Payne as their choice of prize.

Max Payne, if none of you have heard of it, is to hit a PC and PS2 soon and looks to be a game that shall fill all my gaming needs. It has been delayed time and time again by Remedy Entertainment and to say the least, I am glad, as the game looks set to use my PC and show me gaming how I like it, at its best.

The hype this game has caused has mad eme buy the co.uk address and going back to the Max Payne Homepage ever so often to check back for updates. And it looks as though it will be released very soon, Special Reserve have also added it to their listings now :->

If any of you have ever used 3DMark2001, which is downloadable from the internet. You will see a running demo of a scene from the Matrix. It looks stunning and spectacular and put me on the edge of my seat. this demo uses the Max Payne engine and the chracter himself dives from a piller and shoots, just as Max Payne will do. And this demo is created by Remedy.

In my eyes, this running demo IS what you can expect from the game which is Max Payne and boy do I want it. The excessive drool which fell from my mouth backs this comment.

If you do not have 3DMark2001 I suggest that you check it out and see what your PC is like for 3D Games. Or goto the Max Payne homepage.

Max blends in films with games, a topic regulary brought up on this site. I'm talking about possible game of the year here. This is one cool game.
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:48
"Uzi Lover"
Recently looking at the Gameaday winners list, I noticed that a very wise gamer had chosen Max Payne as their choice of prize.

Max Payne, if none of you have heard of it, is to hit a PC and PS2 soon and looks to be a game that shall fill all my gaming needs. It has been delayed time and time again by Remedy Entertainment and to say the least, I am glad, as the game looks set to use my PC and show me gaming how I like it, at its best.

The hype this game has caused has mad eme buy the co.uk address and going back to the Max Payne Homepage ever so often to check back for updates. And it looks as though it will be released very soon, Special Reserve have also added it to their listings now :->

If any of you have ever used 3DMark2001, which is downloadable from the internet. You will see a running demo of a scene from the Matrix. It looks stunning and spectacular and put me on the edge of my seat. this demo uses the Max Payne engine and the chracter himself dives from a piller and shoots, just as Max Payne will do. And this demo is created by Remedy.

In my eyes, this running demo IS what you can expect from the game which is Max Payne and boy do I want it. The excessive drool which fell from my mouth backs this comment.

If you do not have 3DMark2001 I suggest that you check it out and see what your PC is like for 3D Games. Or goto the Max Payne homepage.

Max blends in films with games, a topic regulary brought up on this site. I'm talking about possible game of the year here. This is one cool game.
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:34
Why is it that you have an erect tail?
Good for you with the name - should be worth a bit then! Hmm, now what's continuously going on, and never seems to stop causing misery for all? c******w***.co.uk?
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I would say Black and White for this year so far!
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:36
Regular
Crimewatch.co.uk?
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:38
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Gran Tourismo 3 is close at the top of my list but, I think Zelda:Majora's Mask was a pretty tough challenge and i like that.
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:41
Hmmm, Phantasy Star Online is the best game of 2001 according to Digitiser, and pretty much most people who own it.
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:42
Regular
Fogmaster wrote:
> Gran Tourismo 3

How!?!?! It's not out yet!

How can it be the best game of the year?
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
It will be when it's released, it's out this year, so it has a chance, plus I really like the other 2 in the series so how will this differ? except for the better graphics more options better gameplay?!
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:06
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Wow, that post by monkey had SO MUCH ATTITUDE!
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:08
Regular
In terms of gameaday claims, I think ZOE leads the way. There are loads of claims on the list, as well as one by me that is no longer on the list from back in January.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.