GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Decent television"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 23:30
Regular
"8==="
Aside from The Sopranos, The West Wing, Nevermind The Buzzcocks and Room 101 can someone suggest something decent to watch on tv?

Preferably something which doesn't involve cliched murders and that isn't made for old biddies.

Something like North Square or The Cops'd be good, is there anything like that on television anymore or is it just programs featuring a collection of PC demographic loser characters with about as much depth as a cornflake?

Don't suggest any of the latest 'appeal to teens' buffy-type crap. Don't suggest any soaps of any sort. Don't suggest anything to do with buying/developing/selling/painting houses/people/pets.

So people: DECENT tv suggestions, lets have 'em.
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:17
Regular
"0228"
It annoys me and the slow motion bits are pointless. Give me Scrubs any day.
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Green Wing is a brilliant show. One that doesn't mind being different instead of the usual crappy sit-coms our screens are full of these days. Gotta love it.
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:44
Regular
"0228"
I hate Green Wing. There is not a single character on it, despite there being millions, that I actually enjoy watching. You have to like at least one character to enjoy a programme.
Fri 15/10/04 at 20:27
Regular
Green Wing is a good one :0D
Fri 15/10/04 at 20:00
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
lcarus wrote:
> O'Neill is what makes SG-1 what it is, tobe honest.

To some extent, perhaps.
The main reason for watching, however, is Teal'c.

"Greetings, Daniel Jackson"
Fri 15/10/04 at 19:53
Regular
"8==="
Friday's are good again:

Spy
Have I Got News For You
QI
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
The only things that I watch avidly these days are Documentary series' like Michael Palins' 'Himalaya' and Ray Mears 'Bushcraft'.

Comedy-wise Buzzcocks is probably the only thing about that hasn't been repeated 6 billion times that is worth watching.

Of course, if you have UKGOLD, all the old greats like Alan Partridge, Men Behaving Badly, Game On, Red Dwarf, Have I got News for You and They think it's all over, are at your beckoned call.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:18
O'Neill is what makes SG-1 what it is, tobe honest. I haven't seen any of Season 8 yet, but I bet the humour is more lacking than previous seasons.

Favourite quotes off the top of my head:

O' Neill: "I fully expected the other shoe to drop some time"
Thor: "Let us hope that is the last footwear to fall"

AND:

O'Neill: "Suffice you want to punch 1 on the old speed dial, General"
General Hammond: "My daughters?"
O'Neill: "...2 then"
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:13
Regular
"8==="
The O.C.looks incredibly awful, like somsort of 90210 clone.

Smallville was only watchable when I was a student with 24 hours of free time a day, it's so dumbed down it's not worth contemplating watching.

Stargate's good for the jokes.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:11
cookie monster wrote:
> You should also watch The O.C, Smallville and Stargate SG-1.

*California here we come, right back where we started from,
California... CALIFORNIA!!!!!*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.