GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 THE FACTS!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 13:32
Regular
Playstation 2 is a great machine, despite the £300 price tag. (Which in January of 2002 will be dropping too £250 R.R.P). This wonder machine should not be called a CONSOLE! Because it's not. It is a 'multi-media' device which can play DVD's, CD's, games, and is internet compatible.

The Playstation 2 (as you will know if you are lucky enough to have one) isn't Internet ready. This is because Sony wanted to bring out the PS2 in time for Christmas, and they didn't want to launch the Internet for the PS2 (it needs a server which can realize that your surfing on the PS2!). You can surf THOUGH the PS2 by linking it to your PC, (but what's the point in that!).

The Playstation 2 modem. This allows you to play those great games on the PS2 on-line against your mates (or with). These games include the 'Get away' but due to it's internet compatibility has been delayed numerous times (original release date: December 24 2000).

The Playstation 2 stationary:-

1. Memory Card

First the disappointing price of £30. Also that you pay a pound for a megabyte! (it's a 30mb card!) Still it causes your hours of fun to stay with you as you can save your stat's, levels, cheats etc. on the card.

2. Playstation 2 Controller

The disappointing thing about it is that they haven't even tried to improve the controller, or have they? (No I mean not just changing the colour!) Each button has 280 pressure points. This means that for every button you can make 280 different reactions on the screen. E.g. On Teken you can make your character punch and kick at 280 different amounts of hardness! (But of course during a heated battle your only going to use the most powerful one!) But so far this technology hasn't been used to its full potential ability.

All in all the PS2 is still a baby, and hasn't been used properly yet. The Playstation 2 still has alot of growing up to do.

Thanks for reading

Mr. Dark
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:37
Regular
Erm? I didn`t mean that. The post he gave was quite complimentative in places, with only a few factual complaints dropping in. What I meant was that there were going to be loads of Nintendo nuts coming in and saying the whole lot was rubbish and complaining about everything.

Thats all, I wasn`t going to stand up for Dark.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:30
Regular
Please I think the PS2 is excellent and same with Time Spitters but I perfer Nintendo and that is why I'm getting one
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:28
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
SSX. If you still like the ps2 ya might as well defend it. Stand up for what you believe in.
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:04
Regular
I don't think Mr. Dark was attacking the PS instead making a very valied point. The playstation needs to toss its connection to the playstation.

The PS2 seems to continue where the PS left off, sequels are coming out thick and fast and at least twice a year a stunning original title appears, not a bad way of doing things but we are used to it and the same seems to be happening to the PS2.

I think it should become the super console which it is and if that is to happen the PS2 should continue from the PS but as it grows up it needs to change in order to keep the public interested. So Mr. Dark calling the PS2 still a baby is correct but when it grows up it is sure to be a monster!

Here's to the future

Dringo
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:55
Regular
Very true!
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:41
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> I thought it was only 255 different settings.

256 - 0 to 255

Same here regarding the defence of PS2. I can't add anything that the regulars haven't read already. As for the newbies... go trawl through the old topics! ;-)
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:34
Regular
I thought it was only 255 different settings.

Oh, and I can`t be bothered to defend the PS2 again, because this topic is bound to start it all off again. You`re on your own.
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:32
Playstation 2 is a great machine, despite the £300 price tag. (Which in January of 2002 will be dropping too £250 R.R.P). This wonder machine should not be called a CONSOLE! Because it's not. It is a 'multi-media' device which can play DVD's, CD's, games, and is internet compatible.

The Playstation 2 (as you will know if you are lucky enough to have one) isn't Internet ready. This is because Sony wanted to bring out the PS2 in time for Christmas, and they didn't want to launch the Internet for the PS2 (it needs a server which can realize that your surfing on the PS2!). You can surf THOUGH the PS2 by linking it to your PC, (but what's the point in that!).

The Playstation 2 modem. This allows you to play those great games on the PS2 on-line against your mates (or with). These games include the 'Get away' but due to it's internet compatibility has been delayed numerous times (original release date: December 24 2000).

The Playstation 2 stationary:-

1. Memory Card

First the disappointing price of £30. Also that you pay a pound for a megabyte! (it's a 30mb card!) Still it causes your hours of fun to stay with you as you can save your stat's, levels, cheats etc. on the card.

2. Playstation 2 Controller

The disappointing thing about it is that they haven't even tried to improve the controller, or have they? (No I mean not just changing the colour!) Each button has 280 pressure points. This means that for every button you can make 280 different reactions on the screen. E.g. On Teken you can make your character punch and kick at 280 different amounts of hardness! (But of course during a heated battle your only going to use the most powerful one!) But so far this technology hasn't been used to its full potential ability.

All in all the PS2 is still a baby, and hasn't been used properly yet. The Playstation 2 still has alot of growing up to do.

Thanks for reading

Mr. Dark

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.