GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EYE-TOY (What went wrong!!)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 13:48
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I'm writing to say how crap the eye-toy really is. When it first came out I brought it straight away because it was a new bit of kit that I could see being amazing. The concept was incredible and so much could have been done. Instead Sony release nothing special for it. The Sega superstars thing is pants and as far as I know, NO GAME supports the eye-toy. It's just not good enough. You would expect them to link it to most games like GTA, so you can put your face in the game, or Tony Hawk. What went wrong Sony
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:06
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
yeah but thats whats funny. They are totally unaware that there showing their expressions on the t.v! I didn't know T.H.U.G 2 had the eye-toy feature, now that is cool.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"forceful tendencies"
nothing went wrong! it was crap in the first place... Have you ever seen another person playing on it? watch them instead of the screen, and they look like an utter pratt
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:44
So gimmicky that MS are releasing their own?
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
"8==="
It's a gimmick (sp?) and a crap one at that.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Bicycle"
Jon Y The Sly wrote:
>You would expect them to link it
> to most games like GTA, so you can put your face in the game, or Tony
> Hawk. What went wrong Sony

You can actually use the Eye Toy to map your face in Tony Hawks Underground 2.

It's top, but the resolution is a joke, as are the colors.

But at least they're becoming more aware of the medium.

I still have hope...
Mon 11/10/04 at 15:35
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Can't forget Singstar either, EyeToy added a hell of a lot to that game.
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Bow to me!"
spongebob is coming out for it. the game is based on learning toddlers but hey... stick with it. ps spongebob rules!
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:09
Erm, nothing went wrong.
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:04
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Sega Superstars is pants? Is it even out yet?
Mon 11/10/04 at 13:48
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
I'm writing to say how crap the eye-toy really is. When it first came out I brought it straight away because it was a new bit of kit that I could see being amazing. The concept was incredible and so much could have been done. Instead Sony release nothing special for it. The Sega superstars thing is pants and as far as I know, NO GAME supports the eye-toy. It's just not good enough. You would expect them to link it to most games like GTA, so you can put your face in the game, or Tony Hawk. What went wrong Sony

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.