GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pokemon on ps2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 10:11
Regular
I've seen an advert in this months official ps2 magazine for an action replay product called 'game studio' which allows you to plug any gameboy game into your ps2.I cant find it anywhere, has anyone else found one?The code junkies site seems to be down.
Mon 07/05/01 at 10:11
I've seen an advert in this months official ps2 magazine for an action replay product called 'game studio' which allows you to plug any gameboy game into your ps2.I cant find it anywhere, has anyone else found one?The code junkies site seems to be down.
Mon 07/05/01 at 10:22
No, no and no! I really don't like Pokemon! Leave Nintendo to do all that.

I hope you can plug your GB into your PS2, tha'd be cool!
Mon 07/05/01 at 16:32
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah, I've heard of this. Try the Datel website. It's easy enough to find form Google.

Bu honestly, I would recommend getting a Gameboy instead. I got mine for £30 in France
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:51
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You can get it on this site, but it is out of stock at the moment. Go to the PS2 section and click on PS2 Peripherals. scroll down to game studio, you can click the e-me under where it says "no" for in stock. Type in your email and it well send you a message when it is in stock.

Tom
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:58
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Pokemon. Sad, pathetic and childish, 3 words that spring to mind when pikachu is mentioned. Might get sony some xtra cash though.
Tue 08/05/01 at 23:28
Regular
"Back For Good"
I've heard of that,Pokemon is pap,the n64 has puzzle games just with pokmon w**k at the side and it had a big yellow snotball on the console too,stay on the N64 you smelly hairballs.
leave the Playstation alone
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:16
Regular
A certain yellow Pokemon is actually Storm from X-men.
Wed 09/05/01 at 09:56
Regular
"not dead"
Surley the whole point of a handheld console is that you can take it and play it anywhere, right?

I've always thought that the best GameBoy games are the ones you can pick up and play for a while, then put down, and maybe leave for a few months. Tetris is a good example of this, as you can pick it up, play for a while, and it'll be the same great game next time you pick it up and play it.

I've never really felt that games that involve lots of time to play are really suited to the GameBoy. If you only play with your GameBoy on the train on the way to work each day, you mind find that with some games you're just playing the first few levels, then having to switch off before you can complete your game. Unless you like sitting and staring at that tiny screen for long hours.

Some games, such as Links Awakening, and indeed Pokemon are rather large adventures, but thanks to the ability to save you can continue your adventure from the point that you previously left off, so on the way to work each day you can add a few more Pokemon to your collection, or find another cruciale object for Link.

However I've never felt that your typical puzzle game, that suits the handheld so well, has really suited the home console. I don't know why, they just don't really appeal in this format.

I can't see why anyone would want to play Gameboy games on their PS2?

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm a bit ou of touch with the handheld world. That being because I pretty much drive everywhere I go, I have a console at home, and when I'm out, it's not to sit out and play a handheld.

Maybe some of the GameBoy Colour games available ARE that good you'd want to play them on your PS2s, I don't know, but surely you'd be better off buying actual PS2 games?
Wed 09/05/01 at 10:14
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> A certain yellow Pokemon is actually Storm from X-men.

I don't own, nor have I ever played, any of the Pokemon games.

But I think Pikachu is cute! :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.