GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My first concert!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/10/04 at 12:15
Regular
Well yesterday was the first time I'd been to a concert without actually being on the stage myself. At nineteen years of age, that will probably seem strange to the majority of you, but up until the last few years, music was just something I listened to on Top of the Pops, and throughout my first four years of high school, I had very little interest in music at all. However, thanks to my best mate, I've slowly got into music almost to the same degree I am with games and movies. I currently listen to The Offspring, Linkin Park, Evanescence, Everclear, Avril Lavigne and there are a number of others I'm starting to enjoy.

So yesterday, about the same time she was 'live' on Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, I was standing near the front at the CIA wearing my "Strongbad" hoodie watching Avril Lavigne perform!

Before going I was actually feeling quite nervous. I didn't know what to expect at all. Obviously a performance from one of my favourite female singers, but I wasn't sure what it was actually going to be like.

First came on the support band. 'Simple Plan.' They were crap. They sung a number of covers, tried to get crowd involvement by trying to get them to jump and wave their arms, but their stage setup was like that of a school band in a school hall, and they were about as inspiring as a 'simple plan' from the Co-operative bank. I certainly hope the record label that has taken them on haven't spent too much money on them, for they really weren't that great.

When Avril Lavigne came on stage, the atmosphere was great! I let my self loose to the music and was dancing about (something I don't normally do) and sung along to the majority of the songs. I've heard many people say that she's no where near as good live as she is on TV/CD/etc, but I was very impressed. If I find a live album, I will most likely pick it up. She sung most, if not all, the songs from both her current albums and got the crowd involved at times. The stage setup was much more professional in comparison to the support act too.

If Lavigne continues to perform next year, I shall most definately see her in Cardiff again. I just hope some of my other favourites come here at some point too.

I tell you what though, I don't think I've ever been so poked and prodded in all my life. Not complaining mind, and to be quite honest, I'm not sure where my hands were half the time when I wasn't clapping. During the support act I ended up having someone's kid on my shoulders so she could see what was going on, and when she got off, a nice blonde girl asked if she could get up there. I wouldn't have complained.

Anyway, I look forward to the next one I'm seeing now, Blink 182 in December. I can't wait!
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:23
Regular
Some of us half welsh guys are lovable...only cause we're half welsh though :P
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No fear Edgy, despite your Welshness and musical tastes, I still love you!
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:20
Regular
Wow...I'm on a list...
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:16
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
*adds Edgy to "meh" list*
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:16
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Goatboy's giggling.
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:14
Regular
Fair enough - I just recall you using that once as if to make a point. As you have made it clear in this case that that wasn't your intention then I apologise.
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:13
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Edgy wrote:
> Prince Charming wrote:
> Glad you're getting in to the music "scene", but whoever
> told you that Avril Lavigne and Evanescance were good should be
> shot.
>
> So someone has to tell me my opinions?

Indeed, yes.
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Edgy wrote:
> you love that pic don't you goaty - funny thing is I've changed a lot
> since then and look nothing like that. Not that a pic of someone's
> unusual portrait is actually enough to judge a person.
----

Who's judging? I just thought it conveyed the excitement and happiness of your original post, I made zero comment about anything.
Stop being so defensive, Mr "I love Avril Lavigne"
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It was at a festival, so, presumably, some idiot loved one of the other acts, but was suitably smashed to hate FLC.

Ruined what was a great set, even though most of the 3,000 odd people were too beyond the stars to realise what was going on.....
Sun 10/10/04 at 21:04
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
"Somebody chucked water at lead"

I don't understand that, why do people go out of their way to get to the front of the stage, to a band they don't even like? I guess it's just the overwhelming power of pure hatred once again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.