GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"National Computer day?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 09:36
Regular
Isn't it pretty pathetic that there is national no smoking day, national chip day, etc, etc. but there is no national computers day? (To my knowledge no such day exists) Computers play such a large part in todays world and I propose that we have a day for the machines!

What would happen on this day? Well, perhaps all computers and/or computer games would become half price just for that day. Anyone have any mates in the government (or any terrorist groups)?

Vote here for National Computer Day (maybe if there are enough votes SR might even have a SR Computer day, slashing prices for that day??)

Vote YES for NATIONAL COMPUTER DAY!!
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I declare the 7th of May...

NATIONAL SHEEPY DAY :)
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:18
Regular
Oh yes. It's the most exciting day of the year.
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:14
Regular
He! Sounds like fun?!?
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:13
Regular
We in Wales have a St. Davids day. We celebrate by doing things exactly as we would do any day.
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:10
Regular
Isn`t national computer day everyday?
Mon 07/05/01 at 14:08
"High polygon count"
mcg_highlander wrote:
> What about St. Patrick's day? Do you mean to say that you don't take
> that one seriously??

Only if you're Irish!

Personally, I don't think the English make a big enough deal about St. George's Day. It should be a national holiday.

Mind you, we'd probably only be labelled as racist... again!
Mon 07/05/01 at 10:24
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
mcg_highlander wrote:

>Vote YES for NATIONAL COMPUTER DAY!!

I vote no because 1) People wont take any notice of it 2) Every gaming day I have is a special day.
Mon 07/05/01 at 10:01
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
**Pulls a pint of Guinness and downs it in one** I'm in training for the next St/ Paddy's day *VBS*
Mon 07/05/01 at 10:00
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
What about St. Patrick's day? Do you mean to say that you don't take that one seriously??
Mon 07/05/01 at 09:58
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
April...national grilled cheese month

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.