GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our last rehearsal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 18:30
Regular
"For One Night Only"
P!55ED OFF, I decided enough was enough and walked off stage. My head in my hands, and comforted by the rest of my group who'd chose to leave the set aswell, I had nothing but disappointment. Our performance - an hour long show split into four fifteen-minute sections; based on prejudice, bullying, teenage problems, and image was going a nightmare.

It was our final rehearsal to a test audience before moving onto schools on Monday, starting with Saint Monica's in Manchester.

As a member of the prejudice group (the first bunch of people on stage), I was worried that we were missing three members and would have to cover for them. We did, and we sucked. Our audience sat there, sombre, unmoved, not clapping at the end. The next forty-five minutes, inwhich I am meant to stand at the back of the satge without fidgeting just didn't seem worth staying on for.

Alas, other people decided that they, too, would jib off. It was like we were deliberately asking to be punished. It came to an end, and as we all took part for the finale and limped off stage, we were called back. Our test audience left, and our tutor sat there staring at us. We froze, sat on the floor, you could have cut the tension with a diamond. I hid my face behind a friend, and everyone else took the hung-head-of-shame position.

"I don't know who got the idea into your little heads that you could walk off stage. That was worse than this morning! That was S**T"

No-one moved.

She made for the exit, "You can go."

It was still a few seconds before anyone dared get up off the floor.
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:30
Regular
"For One Night Only"
P!55ED OFF, I decided enough was enough and walked off stage. My head in my hands, and comforted by the rest of my group who'd chose to leave the set aswell, I had nothing but disappointment. Our performance - an hour long show split into four fifteen-minute sections; based on prejudice, bullying, teenage problems, and image was going a nightmare.

It was our final rehearsal to a test audience before moving onto schools on Monday, starting with Saint Monica's in Manchester.

As a member of the prejudice group (the first bunch of people on stage), I was worried that we were missing three members and would have to cover for them. We did, and we sucked. Our audience sat there, sombre, unmoved, not clapping at the end. The next forty-five minutes, inwhich I am meant to stand at the back of the satge without fidgeting just didn't seem worth staying on for.

Alas, other people decided that they, too, would jib off. It was like we were deliberately asking to be punished. It came to an end, and as we all took part for the finale and limped off stage, we were called back. Our test audience left, and our tutor sat there staring at us. We froze, sat on the floor, you could have cut the tension with a diamond. I hid my face behind a friend, and everyone else took the hung-head-of-shame position.

"I don't know who got the idea into your little heads that you could walk off stage. That was worse than this morning! That was S**T"

No-one moved.

She made for the exit, "You can go."

It was still a few seconds before anyone dared get up off the floor.
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Not a Jew"
You should have told her to go to hell. I wouldn't have sat there and taken that crap.
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:40
Regular
"0228"
How come three people were missing? At least it was only a rehersal though.
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:48
Regular
"For One Night Only"
JFH wrote:
> How come three people were missing? At least it was only a rehersal
> though.

1. Funeral
2. Hospital
3. English Lesson. WTF?
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
RoJ wrote:
> You should have told her to go to hell. I wouldn't have sat there and
> taken that crap.

Totally agree.

I presume you're doing it out of will? Didn't quite understand why you're doing the play, paid? made to? what?

But if it's your will, just feck off! If it was really that bad, no point staying.
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
No, I'm a college student. It's TIE (Theatre In Education) and I suppose she was right to tell us off. Either way, for a last rehearsal, it truly was disasterous. A fellow cast member laughed when a character died!
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
But surely when you get your other actors back, it'll all be fine?
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:24
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Well, we had everyone else that same morning, and it was a damn site better. But, it was still flat. We need to do some proper warm-ups.
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I'm sure it'll be ok mate
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:38
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Cheers man. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but it should be good. I just wanna have fun with it, and get back with the rest of the group.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.