GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSTWO-ethernet problems"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
As you must ahve heard the new slim version of the ps2 is going to be realeased! Yay! however the no HDD may disappoint some phantasy star online players...
You might not have heard about it due to its ethernet problems. this ethernet has a browser so you can rome on the internet at ease.. But sony are having problems setting up the website. shame.
But i was wonderin how u get it hooked up to teh internet. So u guys got any ideas? cos it could be just the same as the network adapter, you can hook it up to a phone jack and get some other stuff. you guys got any ideas?
Mon 11/10/04 at 13:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Yeah plug it into a wireless bridge or one of those linksys game adapters.
Sun 10/10/04 at 23:39
Regular
"Bow to me!"
well if it says that then im sure you can. when the PStwo is relaesed it will be all listed in the manual. have no fear it will all be listed
Sun 10/10/04 at 19:52
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
no im talkin bout the new PSTWO teh slim-line version. Cos i have got wireless internet throught my house, u think i can hook-it up to sum wireless ethernet connection. Cos mi wireless internet comes from this hub in the office. and in the manual it says that it can hook-up to consoles.

any ideas?
Sat 09/10/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
If your just talking about getting the PS2 onto the internet to connect for playing games, then you'll need broadband as a minimum.

If your talking about browsing using it's inbuilt browser then I'm pretty sure that again you'll need a broadband connection as minimum.

Just setup my PS2 online for the first time since getting my Network Adapter last christmas .. only took half an hour, screwed up the first config setup, rebooted and started again and hey presto I'm on :)

Now all I need is some games to play online, shame Tiger Woods 2005 is / has been delayed .....
Sat 09/10/04 at 17:20
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
As you must ahve heard the new slim version of the ps2 is going to be realeased! Yay! however the no HDD may disappoint some phantasy star online players...
You might not have heard about it due to its ethernet problems. this ethernet has a browser so you can rome on the internet at ease.. But sony are having problems setting up the website. shame.
But i was wonderin how u get it hooked up to teh internet. So u guys got any ideas? cos it could be just the same as the network adapter, you can hook it up to a phone jack and get some other stuff. you guys got any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.