GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR F1 Championship - Japan Preview (Prediction Deadline: 16th October!)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Round 17 of 18 is in Japan and it's usually where the titles are decided. It may not be the case this season, as Baumgartner hasn't scored a point since he pipped Salo to the win in Hungary in Round 13. Salo also hasn't scored points since then and the chasing pack consist of 3 drivers. Here is the current requirements for the drivers chasing:

If Baumgartner doesn't score points:

Salo doesn't need to score points, although he may need one point depending on previous results.

Button needs at least 5 points (4th place) to be able to win the title at the last round.

Barrichello needs at least 6 points (3rd place) to be able to win the title at the last round.

Villeneuve needs to win to keep his hopes alive.

Okay, it's you chance to vote once again. We know the final round will be in MONACO and for once, you can decide the weather conditions for the weekend. You have a choice of 3.

Rain for the entire weekend
Dry for the entire weekend
Random conditions

If a decision cannot be reached, it will be my decision from the two/three options.

Onto the main part, last year's race and prediction questions. Remember, some I mention in this section may not have raced last year so check the website: [URL]http://www.freewebs.com/gpsr/srf1.htm[/URL]

Firman had wrapped up the World Championship this time last year and but the Constructors Championship was still up for grabs. Firman released of the pressure of the Drivers Championship went on to take pole position in the wet conditions ahead of Pizzonia in the Jaguar and Michael Schumacher in the Ferrari.

Out of the 5 drivers in the title race this season, Baumgartner and Salo didn't race last year, Button qualified 10th, Barrichello 8th and Villeneuve 19th.

Changeable conditions made the race tricky. The cars started on a dry grid only for the rain to come and spice things up. Not much changed at the front with Pizzonia taking Firman off the grid and winning the race ahead of Firman in 2nd to give Jordan the Constructors Championship and De La Rosa, who started 21st, finished 3rd.

Out of the 5 drivers in the title race, Baumgartner and Salo didn't race last year, Button finished 13th, Barrichello 9th and Villeneuve 10th.

Here is some more information to help you:

Lap Records:
Qualifying: 1m41.601s - Villeneuve (B.A.R) Set in 2002
Race: 1m33.911s - Firman (Jordan) Set in 2003

Previous Winners:
2002: Coulthard (McLaren)
2003: Pizzonia (Jaguar)

Top 3 Qualifying Last Year:
1st Firman (Jordan)
2nd Pizzonia (Jaguar)
3rd M Schumacher (Ferrari)

Top 3 Race Last Year:
1st Pizzonia (Jaguar)
2nd Firman (Jordan)
3rd De La Rosa (Senna G.P - Now MG F1)

Top 3 Drivers after Round 17 last year:
1st Firman 73pts
2nd Alonso 48pts - NOT RACING THIS YEAR!
3rd Heidfeld 45pts

Top 3 Constructors after Round 17 last year:
1st Jordan 99pts
2nd Renault 83pts
3rd B.A.R 81pts

Onto the Prediction Questions. Please enter your predictions even though you may be out of the title race. Thank you.

Who will qualify in pole position? (10 points)

Who will be last on the grid? (10 points)

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

Who will make up the most positions in the race? (8 points)

Which team will score the most points in the race? (5 points)

Who will win the race? (12 points)

Who will be the first retirement? (10 points)

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th

TIE BREAKER: What will be the fastest Qualifying lap? (Not one of the previous 2 qualifyings in Japan have been dry so guesswork required if you think it's dry) (EXAMPLE: Last year, the fastest qualifying lap was 1m43.606s)

Remember to vote for the weather conditions for Round 18. We are nearing the end of the season and all 3 titles are still up grabs.
Sat 16/10/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Mike Swade has entered these predictions:

Baumgartner

Coulthard

The top 8 qualifiers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)

1st Villeneuve
2nd Baumgartner
3rd Salo
4th Raikkonen
5th Sato
6th Heidfeld
7th Ralf Schumacher
8th Montoya

Ralf Schumacher

Williams

Baumgartner

Pizzona

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for
driver being in correct place)

1st Baumgartner
2nd Ralf Schumacher
3rd Montoya
4th Villenueve
5th Sato
6th Salo
7th Michael Schumacher
8th Raikkonen
Sat 16/10/04 at 10:34
Regular
"es argh"
Fisichella

Baumgartner

1st Fisichella
2nd Firman
3rd Raikonnen4th
5th Button
6th Montoya
7th R Schumacher
8th Coulthard

De La Rosa

Jordan

Fisichella

Baumgartner

The top 8 finishers (1 point for driver being in top 8, 3 points for driver being in correct place)

1st Fisichella
2nd Pantano
3rd r Schumacher
4th Firman
5th M Schumacher
6th Button
7th Baumgartner
8th Barrichello

TIE BREAKER: What will be the fastest Qualifying lap? (Not one of the previous 2 qualifyings in Japan have been dry so guesswork required if you think it's dry) (EXAMPLE: Last year, the fastest qualifying lap was 1m43.606s)

1m43.275
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Ummm... yeah, I knew that.
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:57
Ummm... yeah, sure. I was kidding.
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I don't predict because I would know the results before they are posted, which is why I'm not in the Prediction Championship.
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:55
I'm not in a predicing mindset; can you predict for me and we share the points?
Fri 15/10/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Last chance to get your predictions and votes in as qualifying will be up when I get up tomorrow.
Fri 15/10/04 at 17:52
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Now I have to reply in here 'cos that's not what I meant. Even though we sorted it out in another thread :)
Fri 15/10/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I assure you Sleepy that Foreman knows nothing about what is going to happen in the qualifying and race.
Fri 15/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Raikonnen

de la Rosa

1st Raikkonen
2nd M. Schumacher
3rd Button
4th Villeneuve
5th Coulthard
6th Verstappen
7th Heidfeld
8th Montoya

Firman

McLaren

Coulthard

da Matta

1st Coulthard
2nd Button
3rd Montoya
4th Villeneuve
5th R. Schumacher
6th Raikonnen
7th De La Rosa
8th Heidfeld

TIE BREAKER: What will be the fastest Qualifying lap?
1m43.014

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.