GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Two lives..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, there's the 'online geeky me' and the 'offline not-so-geeky me.'

The difference being none of my mates know about my website etc, only random people online.

Anyway, the things I love about online forums are that you can be completely anonomous, nobody will ever know who you are so you can do whatever you want.

That's why nobody here will ever see me, or know me.

I don't want to post pictures of myself all over the internet for little kids to import into Photoshop and to add big hairy beards and green hair and stuff, plus I don't want random people recognising me.

So far I've done pretty well. I was confronted by some girl in a club the other week who managed to identify me as posting on a forum. (Of all the luck, she was there and next to me at the bar in a club of 2500 people!)

That was the only time someone has talked to me online first before meeting me, (ignoring the guy who delivered my eBay stuff to my house,) everyone else I know I've met in the skin first, never the other way round.

What's even better is that everyone here knows that I run one of the most successful sites in the world, ever, attracting over 1/4 of a million visitors a year, *hint hint*, and providing joy to many people across the globe.

In 'real life' however nobody knows about the site, only a few people know about it but it's never mentioned. I have far too much self respect to go around telling everyone about geeky stuff like that!

Which brings me to the point; what differences are there between you online and offline? Have you ever met up with someone after talking to them first online, or not? Online I'm a geek, offline I try to be as normal as other people by making fun of geeks and not talking about anything geeky at all...
Fri 08/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
don't expose our secret.
Fri 08/10/04 at 19:44
Regular
"bit of a brain"
in real life I'm gaybys
Fri 08/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Chad Niga wrote:
> But yeah, most of us are probably differant in real life. Except
> Memo, Azul, etc, as the internet is their life... O_o

ahahahahah
ahaha
OH MY GOD THE TEARS ARE STREAMING DOWN MY FACE.
Why must you hurt me so?

Anyway, offline I'm a lot more reserved in what I say about people.
Other than that, I'm pretty much the same.
Fri 08/10/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Hehehe. Two WIVES more like!!

HARRR

Sorry, i actually miss read the title to begin with and got very confused, by the end i thought you had married someone on the internet, and you accedently met them in real life.

But yeah, most of us are probably differant in real life. Except Memo, Azul, etc, as the internet is their life... O_o
Fri 08/10/04 at 18:09
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I've met up with someone who I first got in contact with through another forum. We were in the same area so met at my uni.
Fri 08/10/04 at 18:07
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Heh!

I tend to be fairly similar offline, but in truth it depends who I'm with. Quite a few of my friends share the same interests as me, so I tend to be a lot more similar to how I act online when I'm around them. Sometimes I can be different, a lot different, but I'd actually say I'm not vastly more reserved offline than I am online.

I've never met anyone I first knew online, offline, and never intend to.
Fri 08/10/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You have to think about what you're saying offline, if you say something stupid online however you can just edit it!
Fri 08/10/04 at 17:57
Regular
"cachoo"
So true. You're more confident online 'cos nobody can really see and know you.

Online: I'm more truthful online that offline. More honest.
Offline: More of a listener/observer than a talker/doer. So in short - shy.

I've come to find geeky looking guys majorly attractive too.. :) Intelligent talk is cute. "Perl".. *orgasm*! Well.. maybe not just like that, but y'know.

I think half the people who surf the net have mental problems too, but just don't admit to it.
Fri 08/10/04 at 17:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think you should tell more people about your website to be honest, you should be proud of something like that. And im pretty much the same offline as I am online, perhaps a little more restrained.
Fri 08/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, there's the 'online geeky me' and the 'offline not-so-geeky me.'

The difference being none of my mates know about my website etc, only random people online.

Anyway, the things I love about online forums are that you can be completely anonomous, nobody will ever know who you are so you can do whatever you want.

That's why nobody here will ever see me, or know me.

I don't want to post pictures of myself all over the internet for little kids to import into Photoshop and to add big hairy beards and green hair and stuff, plus I don't want random people recognising me.

So far I've done pretty well. I was confronted by some girl in a club the other week who managed to identify me as posting on a forum. (Of all the luck, she was there and next to me at the bar in a club of 2500 people!)

That was the only time someone has talked to me online first before meeting me, (ignoring the guy who delivered my eBay stuff to my house,) everyone else I know I've met in the skin first, never the other way round.

What's even better is that everyone here knows that I run one of the most successful sites in the world, ever, attracting over 1/4 of a million visitors a year, *hint hint*, and providing joy to many people across the globe.

In 'real life' however nobody knows about the site, only a few people know about it but it's never mentioned. I have far too much self respect to go around telling everyone about geeky stuff like that!

Which brings me to the point; what differences are there between you online and offline? Have you ever met up with someone after talking to them first online, or not? Online I'm a geek, offline I try to be as normal as other people by making fun of geeks and not talking about anything geeky at all...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.