GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony And Nintendo United?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/05/00 at 19:25
Regular
Now that the PSX 2 and the Nintendo Dolphin are using simular technology in their brand new systems, why can't they build simular console but have the compatability which could be used on bother computers!
Why don't they use the same systems (256mb......) but with a slight difference to make it more fun for the consumer to choose between.
Therefore you could buy a different console to your mate and swap games and play them on your console, but say the psx might have a 2 player system but it might have some re-write part crammed in somewhere, whereas the Nintendo might have four player, and something less like a tin-opener on the side when you might be playing your favorite game while at the same time making your dinner!
This way the consoles would still have their own originality but with a slight difference, but with combined technology to make YOU the buyer alot happier! and biggest of all stop the fighting between mates when they say, my metal gear solid is much better than your goldeneye!! etc, etc, etc.
Do I need to go on telling you about the endless possabilities that they could perform with sony's storylines and endless special effects mixed with Nintendo's graphics and gameplay!
Write your reply
Sat 06/05/00 at 19:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Now that the PSX 2 and the Nintendo Dolphin are using simular technology in their brand new systems, why can't they build simular console but have the compatability which could be used on bother computers!
Why don't they use the same systems (256mb......) but with a slight difference to make it more fun for the consumer to choose between.
Therefore you could buy a different console to your mate and swap games and play them on your console, but say the psx might have a 2 player system but it might have some re-write part crammed in somewhere, whereas the Nintendo might have four player, and something less like a tin-opener on the side when you might be playing your favorite game while at the same time making your dinner!
This way the consoles would still have their own originality but with a slight difference, but with combined technology to make YOU the buyer alot happier! and biggest of all stop the fighting between mates when they say, my metal gear solid is much better than your goldeneye!! etc, etc, etc.
Do I need to go on telling you about the endless possabilities that they could perform with sony's storylines and endless special effects mixed with Nintendo's graphics and gameplay!
Write your reply
Sat 06/05/00 at 19:53
It would be pretty cool, I must admit. Although, the Playstation does have excellent graphics and gameplay as well, same as Nintendo has similar special effects.
Fogmaster wrote:
> Now that the PSX 2 and the Nintendo Dolphin are using simular
> technology in their brand new systems, why can't they build
> simular console but have the compatability which could be used on
> bother computers!
> Why don't they use the same systems (256mb......) but with a
> slight difference to make it more fun for the consumer to choose
> between.
> Therefore you could buy a different console to your mate and swap
> games and play them on your console, but say the psx might have a
> 2 player system but it might have some re-write part crammed in
> somewhere, whereas the Nintendo might have four player, and
> something less like a tin-opener on the side when you might be
> playing your favorite game while at the same time making your
> dinner!
> This way the consoles would still have their own originality but
> with a slight difference, but with combined technology to make YOU
> the buyer alot happier! and biggest of all stop the fighting
> between mates when they say, my metal gear solid is much better
> than your goldeneye!! etc, etc, etc.
> Do I need to go on telling you about the endless possabilities
> that they could perform with sony's storylines and endless special
> effects mixed with Nintendo's graphics and gameplay!
> Write your reply
Sat 06/05/00 at 20:27
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
This may seem good now, but then after a while all of the competiton would be removed from the market, therefore leaving no incentive to lower the price to benefit the customers.
Sun 07/05/00 at 12:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I mentioned in my message that the two consoles would have a slight change in each to make them different in their own way(ps having their two player, Nintendo with their 4 player function).
There is always room for improvement in all aspects of console technology! leaving room for the consumer to make a fair decsion on which console they want. If previous ps owners want the ps they can but they can also have the choice of buying the Nintendo titles for their playstation! therefore having variety, the spice of life.
Wed 10/05/00 at 21:23
What maxgames said is true. There's also one other thing: these companies would never join, because they would have to split the licensing fees on games, and this is what they make their money on! They would save money in terms of selling consoles, because they lose money on this anyway, but apart from that they have no incentive. The only way we could ever get Nintendo games on another console is if Nintendo's own console became too unproductive. A nice delusion while it lasted, though... If only Sony, Sega and Nintendo were non-profit organisations!

maxgames wrote:
> This may seem good now, but then after a while all of the
> competiton would be removed from the market, therefore leaving no
> incentive to lower the price to benefit the customers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.