GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Turn HTML block into URL"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/10/09 at 03:09
Regular
Hi,

I have an 'add to cart' button on my site where a URL is entered into the buttons properties to perform the add function.

Is it possible to turn an HTML form block into a URL so that I can use it in said button?

The scenario is that the form block is a Paypal 'add to cart' button, but I just want to use the data in that block without their image, on my button, and go to the cart the same way I would have had I clicked the paypal button..

Neil
Mon 05/10/09 at 19:22
Regular
It works - so resolved.

N.
Mon 05/10/09 at 15:19
Regular
"Embrace the Martian"
Neilj99 wrote:
> There is a way to do it.
>
> When you create the button, an email link is also created. You
> use this in place of the actual button code. Works a treat.
>
> N.

Have you resolved this issue then if it works a treat?
Sat 03/10/09 at 01:29
Regular
There is a way to do it.

When you create the button, an email link is also created. You use this in place of the actual button code. Works a treat.

N.
Fri 02/10/09 at 13:38
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
If you're using some sort of shopping cart joomla extension not sure why you want a paypal button on every page. Surely the extension has its own cart system.
I think your only option is to use a joomla module that fully supports paypal integration (there are quite a few of them).
Fri 02/10/09 at 09:05
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Was thinking the same Hmmm..... or maybe they stay up late. If i was up that late there is no way I could think about all this sort of stuff 0_o

Anyway, let us know what you do neil.
Fri 02/10/09 at 09:00
"Are you sure?"
As Garin said, you can have any button you like but you'll still need the 'form' HTML for PayPal.

I'm not familiar with Joomola but a quick Google shows these docs: http://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_add_a_PayPal_button%3F

Any good?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

EDIT: You two get up early - or stay up late!
Fri 02/10/09 at 04:55
Regular
Basically I want my 'add to cart' button (an extension in Joomla) to do exactly the same as clicking a Paypal add to cart button, but the only way to assign an action to my button is to assign a URL, not a code block.

N.
Fri 02/10/09 at 04:29
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Slightly confusing description. :)

Really not sure what you're asking. You cant convert paypal form data into a URL (not easily anyway). You can change the paypal image though.

Maybe a URL showing the current set up and what you want to change would help explain your query better.
Fri 02/10/09 at 03:09
Regular
Hi,

I have an 'add to cart' button on my site where a URL is entered into the buttons properties to perform the add function.

Is it possible to turn an HTML form block into a URL so that I can use it in said button?

The scenario is that the form block is a Paypal 'add to cart' button, but I just want to use the data in that block without their image, on my button, and go to the cart the same way I would have had I clicked the paypal button..

Neil

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.