GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE and Sky...new deal!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/10/04 at 20:42
Regular
WWE have announced a new 5 year deal with Sky in the UK. The deal covers January 2005-2010. Sky will carry Raw, Smackdown, Heat, Velocity, Bottom Line, Afterburn and Experience as well as six PPVs which won’t have a price tag on them. The other eight PPV shows, including the big four, will become PPV events instead of free TV specials.

Credit Prowrestling.com
-----------------------------------------------------

Hey, we're getting a new show, and we're still getting the PPVs, so we can't whinge. YeY!
Mon 04/10/04 at 20:42
Regular
WWE have announced a new 5 year deal with Sky in the UK. The deal covers January 2005-2010. Sky will carry Raw, Smackdown, Heat, Velocity, Bottom Line, Afterburn and Experience as well as six PPVs which won’t have a price tag on them. The other eight PPV shows, including the big four, will become PPV events instead of free TV specials.

Credit Prowrestling.com
-----------------------------------------------------

Hey, we're getting a new show, and we're still getting the PPVs, so we can't whinge. YeY!
Mon 04/10/04 at 20:44
Regular
Pretty good news really, experience should be a nice change.
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
So, we get everything we already get, except we get Experience, which I believe is aimed at the younger audience, and 2-4 PPV's less that are free and we lose free Wrestlemania. Doesn't sound like a great deal to me. Sure, it stays on Sky for the next 5 years but I think the cash cow just got milked.

I have my reasons for disliking having to pay for PPVs and now that you have to pay for the big 4, I'm not impressed.
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i agree with GP.
i'm NOT impressed with the amount of things that have gone PPV. i think doing the big 4 for free should've been a base requirement...

they'd better step their game up then, if i'm gonna have to pay for the big events then i'd better WANT to watch them....
Tue 05/10/04 at 07:39
Regular
Too bloody right we can whinge! Sky once again trying to milk us dry when they already charge £50 for a full Sky subscription (including FilmFour).

Ah well, I'm not THAT bothered because:

a) I don't have the Sports channels anyway
b) I have my mate tape every event for me
c) I'll get the event off E-Bay the next day for a considerably cheaper price on a DVD.
Tue 05/10/04 at 12:41
Regular
"..."
Look on the bright side, Vince will now have more money to throw at lumbering botch-jockeys and random celebrities.
Tue 05/10/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
If this was about 5 years ago i would be complaining, however as most PPV's nowadays are a load of crap i can't say i'm that bothered
Tue 05/10/04 at 14:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Well, I'd say the WWE said that us in Britain would have to pay for all the PPV's and Sky 'improved' the deal slightly. The WWE have been wanting us to pay for a while.
Tue 05/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Only because the Americans are starting to switch off now so they have to try and recoup the loss somewhere. That's the reason i think they're doing this whole RAW and Smackdown here in the UK
Tue 05/10/04 at 15:09
"Raw is the best!!!!"
Uk were sre you people from? Im from Phila Pa were are you, speaking of course to everyone.?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.