GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox controller port problem"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/01/05 at 01:12
Regular
"good news everyone"
I think that my controller port is not working properly because i was playin call of duty and the crosshair was moving by itself. I contacted xbox support and they sent me a new controller and that has not fixed the problem so i think it is the controller port.

Has anyone else had this problem? I think i will contact customer support for a repair.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:55
Regular
"8==="
When it happens reset the xbox and try to keep your controllers level so the control sticks are centred where they should be. When you turn on your xbox whatever position the control sticks are in becomes 'neutral' (ie where they THINK they are centred). If your control sticks are not level when the xbox is turned on then you will have trouble as the crosshair will start moving by itself again.

Short version: Make sure your controllers are placed face up on a level surface before the xbox is turned on. Once the xbox is up and running your game it should be fine to move them and your crosshair won't wander

If this fails move the control sticks around a bit (there might be dust etc keeping them from being fully centred then place them back on a flat surface and turn the xbox off and on again.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:40
Regular
"good news everyone"
i have got 2 controllers plugged in and it does not make any difference at all and ive tried the other controller ports aswell and they all do the same. The problem does not happen all the time either only sometimes but it is very annoying.
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:15
Regular
"8==="
Plug one controller into the 1st controller port and one into the second. Some games will let you play with the controller in the second port if you use it to select and start playing a game.

Ignore the first controller it's just plugged in so the game doesn't ask you to connect it (some games do some don't I think).
Mon 10/01/05 at 01:12
Regular
"good news everyone"
I think that my controller port is not working properly because i was playin call of duty and the crosshair was moving by itself. I contacted xbox support and they sent me a new controller and that has not fixed the problem so i think it is the controller port.

Has anyone else had this problem? I think i will contact customer support for a repair.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.