GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX Gaming: Any Memorable Moments?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/01/05 at 13:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I eat, sleep and breathe xbox and although every second of play is different, there are a few moments that you remember for a long time.
I thought I'd start a thread for people to post their own brilliant feats and hopefully share the best things they've done with us all.

My most recent was on Project Gotham Racing 2 - platinum street race and I had held the lead for most of the race. On the second last corner of the final lap I spun out - falling to third place. Aa it had been a tough slog of 5 minutes, I got annoyed and just raced - I hit a bump in the road and my car sailed pass the cars in front right on the finish line. I STILL can't believe that I finished first.

It's not much of a feat, but it'll stay in my memory for ages.
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:09
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I eat, sleep and breathe xbox and although every second of play is different, there are a few moments that you remember for a long time.
I thought I'd start a thread for people to post their own brilliant feats and hopefully share the best things they've done with us all.

My most recent was on Project Gotham Racing 2 - platinum street race and I had held the lead for most of the race. On the second last corner of the final lap I spun out - falling to third place. Aa it had been a tough slog of 5 minutes, I got annoyed and just raced - I hit a bump in the road and my car sailed pass the cars in front right on the finish line. I STILL can't believe that I finished first.

It's not much of a feat, but it'll stay in my memory for ages.
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:23
"High polygon count"
My most memorable moment came about 30 minutes after getting it home on launch day, when I was playing Halo and suddenly realised... "This ain't all it's cracked up to be."

Second most memorable was when the HD failed and needed replacing.
Mon 10/01/05 at 13:33
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I agree, Halo 2 wasn't all it was meant to be. Still pretty good though! In fact another memorable moment was when I was playing Halo 2 - it isn't much but melee attacking a Jackal and watching his head smack against the wall behind him. Very funny!
Mon 10/01/05 at 19:14
Regular
"gamesmaster"
Av u eva played golden eye
Tue 11/01/05 at 10:12
Regular
halo 2 is just the same as halo its only a continue of it i my self am more ov a car gamer you get a much better thrill off need for speed underground 2 or even driver 3
Tue 11/01/05 at 18:53
Regular
"8==="
Taking out 7 of the opposing team on RS3 by being a sneaky goite in a corridor.

Funny as ****!
Tue 11/01/05 at 23:01
"I love yo... lamp."
First to spring to mind was bouncing off a tree in RalliSport Challenge 2 and hitting someone. They went flying off the side of a mountain because of that. Totally accidentally of course.
Tue 11/01/05 at 23:33
Regular
"8==="
Biggles - "Oh I appear to have hit a tree... AGAIN"

That is very memorable. :D
Wed 12/01/05 at 00:50
Regular
Hedfix's endless stream of Galil Arm shots.

No matter what team or level I was on, that Galil Arm was audible from 90% of the map.

That and twisted conversations with stoned people at 5am. ahhh

Mental Note : Get back into Live gaming again sometime soon.

there's no doubt though that it takes over your life.
Wed 12/01/05 at 01:50
Regular
"8==="
:D

Many a comment has been made of my trust Galil.

"As soon as I hear it going I know I'm dead" is the one I can remember at the mo.

Also I've been told I've got camping down to a fine art through my 'stop, wait, listen, move, repeat' tactics. (ie I only wait in one spot for around 30 seconds if I'm stealthing about).

If you're the last one on the map against me 8/10 times I'm gonna take you down. :D

Damn I need live back, think I'll order that router tomorrow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.