GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Couldn't make it up"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/10/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"Rosemary & Thyme" aka Flower Detectives.

Jesus christ, how inane does a show have to get before the public think "Hang on a minute" and turn off the tv, go and do something less boring instead?
It appears that Joe Public has an insatiable lust for detective programmes. Preferably nice sunny ones on a Sunday, in a time when everything was happy and even murderers were nice and polite.
And, in an effort to come up with some kind of hit show, it would also appear that the oh-so-clever execs that commission this bilge attempt to combine the ratings-winners into some police related show.
We've had Chef Detective (Pie in The Sky), Magic Detective (that one with the bloke from the Abbey National adverts), Flower Detectives (Rosemary & Thyme)...any show that gets viewers is shackled to some creaking investigative plot to produce "Something-on-another-channel-you-like Detective".

So I predict next summer you can enjoy DIY Detective, Antiques Detective (actually Lovejoy's already done that), Boot-Sale Detective, House-Abroad Detective, Reality TV Celebrity Detective....and, the jewel in ITV24's crown:
Cop Detective.
A policeman who solves crimes in a slightly unorthodox manner.

You can snigger, but we live in an age where a programme starts called "Celebrity Farm".
You can watch such high-profile wunderkinds such as Paul Daniels & Debbie McGee and Vanilla Ice on a farm.

Or, you could just shoot yourself in the face.
I'd watch that.
Tue 05/10/04 at 16:01
"Darth Vader 3442321"
There are two rules for a TV detective series:

the title must be a play on words. If possible, it must also be edgey and try to rip off Se7en.

NETective5: an elite team of five maverik (sic) programmers solve internet related crimes by hanging out in chat rooms and randomly hacking into "high security" sites. They have usernames like: Loo5e cannon, BO Barracus and Wookie 6567969.

the detective or detectives must have (a) unique style(s).

One of them is white, one is black, one is a girl, one is a gay and one of them is a cyborg or maybe autistic. All of them think that adverts about "blade servers" are funny and the fact that you can use an I-Pod to store video and other such files, is really interesting and worth mentioning alot.
Mon 04/10/04 at 00:31
Regular
"Twenty quid."
There was no reply from the number we have: 0800 LAGERS
Mon 04/10/04 at 00:03
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Didn't you get the memo?

I told you to get your people to call my people.
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Why was I not informed Film Four had a free weekend?
> eh?

Didn't you get the memo?
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Goatboy wrote:
> the public think "Hang on a minute" and turn off the tv, go and do
> something less boring instead?

QUALITY reference sir :)

and yeah, that Blaine bashing golfer was an absolute joy, simply because he was totally right the police could do nothing about it. genius.
Sun 03/10/04 at 23:09
Regular
Why was I not informed Film Four had a free weekend?

eh?
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> "Rosemary & Thyme" aka Flower Detectives.

Heh. The missus is watching this in the lounge whilst Sexy Beast is being taped on Film Four Weekly's free weekend - I'll watch it when she goes to bed.

And I have agree with cookie: Jonathon Creek is excellent.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You hope wrong. There are enough mongs about to make any sane person weep.

In terms of Big Brother, my , er, brother is one. Insidious little creature.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
cookie monster wrote:
> Hmmm, where have i heard that before?
----

*shrugs*
No idea, but I can't be the only person to think like that so probably several people have said it.
Sun 03/10/04 at 22:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Cyclone wrote:
> It's possibly the only time in the past 5 years the English have
> done.....
---

Oh it happens eventually to most of these "stars".
Beckham's getting his at the moment, people are twigging that a mongoloid earning thousands of pounds a second for kicking a ball probably shouldn't be worshipped quite so much, and nobody gives a toss about whomever wins Big Brother anymore. I hope.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.